New York University

papillon_pourpre

• 2 months later...

I got an acceptance letter for an MA General Psychology. so excited that i think i'd die! lol. Has anyone explored housing options. i guess there are limited on campus ptions for grad students

I was wondering about this too. Ideally I'd like to find roommates, so I guess that would have to happen first before I do anything else. I think the graduate housing is on a waitlist basis? I'm not sure, but I would imagine it's a bit on the pricey side. I could be wrong though, haha.

yes it has to be pricey. finding a roommate is the best thing that can happen to us. studios. apts in greenwhich village can be much affordable that way. how do we do that ahead of time?

yeah, nyu! housing on manhattan just seems ridiculous. i seriously think a good option is jersey city, either in historic downtown or in hoboken. i've seen two bedrooms for less than $2000. then, it's just a fifteen minute path train ride to campus.

Is anyone else new to NYC too?

Excited!! :D

Me! Although it turns out I'm deferring for a year. I got a chance to do a teaching assistant program abroad and luckily my department is completely cool with me taking some time between undergrad and MA/PhD to do it. I'm still really excited to move to NYC though! I guess I'll just have something to look forward to for an extra 12 months. :)

I'll be starting at NYU this fall as well!

MS in Global Affairs.

This housing thing really is daunting! But not as scary as the debt I'll be getting myself into! :unsure:

Winnipeg!! Nice to see another Canadian!

Excited? I know I am!

-hermes- and omigoshlolz... I'm glad I'm not alone!

Technically I'm not a Canadian but my mom and brother live in Mississauga, I'm originally from Croatia and went to UPenn for my undergrad. But yes, the world suddenly seems like a much smaller place!

Anyways, I'm accepted to Tisch for a MA in cinema studies and hoping that I'll be able to extend it on to a PhD.

I'm actually not Canadian either, haha. Honourary Torontonian? I love the city.

"Honorary Torontonian"... yup I'll take the title gladly as well. :)

Don't mean to get all super-crazy-creepy but if you want to meet up to discuss NYU and whatnot in person I'm down for it!