Yes!

19t2s7.png

Congrats!

....and 3.5 weeks after my admission I'm still waiting to hear anything about financial aid. BUT, I'm doing a much better job coping with the frustration/anxiety now than I was last week. :)

Here's a cool calculator I found today that I've been playing with, maybe some of y'all might be interested in plugging in some numbrs to see how things come out for you, too. Not that we're in the field for the money, but it's a good thing to consider.

http://www.learnvest.com/2012/01/grad-school-calculator/#content

Just received my acceptance this morning via Wolverine Access! I completed my application 12/1, but had a recommendation letter that lagged a few days.

I'm relieved, but don't think it's quite hit me yet (it's 7:30 am here in the left coast!), hahah. Michigan was definitely one of my top choices; the school that will make this decision difficult is Berkeley :x

Just received my acceptance this morning via Wolverine Access! I completed my application 12/1, but had a recommendation letter that lagged a few days.

I'm relieved, but don't think it's quite hit me yet (it's 7:30 am here in the left coast!), hahah. Michigan was definitely one of my top choices; the school that will make this decision difficult is Berkeley :x

Same here! If I get into Berkeley, it's going to be a very tough decision between Michigan & Berkelely =\

I'm leaning towards Berkeley. What about you?

I'm leaning towards Berkeley. My boyfriend is out there, and I plan on working in the Bay area after graduation, anyway. Although Michigan's program is a better fit for me, I think Berkeley would make more sense in the long term. Plus, Michigan didn't offer much in terms of financial aid, so that's not a motivating force to stay in Michigan. Plus, I went to Michigan for undergrad and have been in Ann Arbor for 7 years -- it's time to move on!

Good luck! The waiting is slowly killing me :)

Edited by cdweaz

Yes, I know that sentiment of waiting! Berkeley's program is a better fit for me. Also the quality of life that UC Berkeley and the surrounding area would could offer would drastically improve my current situation (I have some medical issues that San Fran/Berkeley would be a better fit for). Due to that, I also want to work out of the Bay Area following graduation. I've already emailed other departments on campus and received confirmation that the university as a whole would help me in addition to the supportive environment of SSW. Primarily though, I think the environment, paradigm and faculty at Berkeley are a better fit for me.

I'm leaning towards Berkeley. My boyfriend is out there, and I plan on working in the Bay area after graduation, anyway. Although Michigan's program is a better fit for me, I think Berkeley would make more sense in the long term. Plus, Michigan didn't offer much in terms of financial aid, so that's not a motivating force to stay in Michigan. Plus, I went to Michigan for undergrad and have been in Ann Arbor for 7 years -- it's time to move on!

Good luck! The waiting is slowly killing me :)

Can't say I'm leaning towards one more than the other just yet, particularly since the admit rates for Berkeley are so grim; I haven't given it much thought since a decision is still being rendered. I would love to get out of California (especially L.A.) for a while, but I do plan on returning if I go out of state. This makes me wonder if I would be more marketable if I went to Berkeley, though I get the impression Michigan loves its Californians and there have been plenty to return to the golden state. Also: moving sucks.

I also have a significant other who will be in L.A., but I swore at this age I would never make a career or education decision based on a relationship, and the beau is super supportive. Will LDR it either way, though it's my guess we'll probably be pining less from Berkeley :P

It may simply come down to who offers more aid.

Listen to me, talking like Berkeley is already an option! Redonkulous. Patience, grasshoppers--things will pan out as they ought :)

Can we ask for an extension on the financial award, too? Financing this beast is starting to hit me, and I'd really like to weigh more options before committing. They want a response by 3/16, and I presume that needs to go hand and hand with an admissions decision as well?

Any word on when we might hear about Special Programs?

Can we ask for an extension on the financial award, too? Financing this beast is starting to hit me, and I'd really like to weigh more options before committing. They want a response by 3/16, and I presume that needs to go hand and hand with an admissions decision as well?

If your Enrollment Deposit Deadline was extended, then your SSW Financial Aid Acceptance/Decline of award date will also be extended to match the date of your new Enrollment Deposit Deadline.

They just posted this on facebook: "You will receive notification separately about your status with any special programs. We are working very hard to send out notification on the special programs as quickly as possible!"

My original deadline was TODAY, I got it extended to 3/24. As I haven't heard anything about financial aid, I don't know how those deadlines work.

If your Enrollment Deposit Deadline was extended, then your SSW Financial Aid Acceptance/Decline of award date will also be extended to match the date of your new Enrollment Deposit Deadline.

Thanks! I know with BU, if you don't accept the money it goes back into the pot.. Relieved to hear it isn't the same at Michigan.

Did you receive an email letting you know to check the status of your application, and that a decision had been made, or did you just continually check on Wolverine Access?

I was checking Wolverine Access every morning; an acceptance email followed the afternoon it was posted online. I also received my financial award the very next day.

So, I applied Dec. 20th & by that date everything was in: transcript arrived in Nov & all recommendations were complete before my submission. I wasn't notified of my application status until Feb. 6th. I called today to get a timeframe for when I can expect a decision & the guy said 8 weeks AFTER the app status email. That seems ridiculous to me given that puts my decision notification in April .

Those who have already received their decision: how much time passed between your app status/friend acct email & your admission decision? Thanks!

Those who have already received their decision: how much time passed between your app status/friend acct email & your admission decision? Thanks!

I submitted 10/17. My app status/friend account email from Michael Dermott came on 10/19. My application wasn't complete until 11/7 (waiting on a letter). I was admitted 2/6.

So, it was 3 months from the time my application was complete until I received a decision.

Edited by ellie811

Called again today to get an estimated timeframe for a decision. The guy said my app should be going to the review committee very soon -_- Guess I'm committing to UChicago next week because UMichigan might really take a while. :-(