MFA Painting 2009 has anyone heard back yet?

julieopp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UT status page finally changed... nearly a month after I received my rejection letter. So much for timeliness.

"Your application has been given careful consideration by the committee on Graduate Studies. On the basis of their recommendation, your application has been denied. If you have questions, please write directly to the Committee in your major department."

Bah-humbug.

Has anyone heard from SAIC's Fiber Studies program?

-SAIC (Fiber) held all their MFA interviews this weekend.

-I have been accepted to School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston (SMFA).

-Apparently CalArts has made the first cut too.

-I applied to Fiber and Material Studies at VCU and met someone at SAIC interviews that had been accepted there. So if you haven't heard you're probably out. She had also been accepted to Cranbrook.

-I also have an interview at MassArt (3D) but have know that other departments (Photo) have made up their minds already.

-No word from MICA.

-Didn't apply to UPENN but my friend has been accepted to the MFA Photo department.

did anybody hear from CCA for painting?

I just got contacted by email a little while ago...

CCA- accepted

UCLA-waiting for rejection letter

SFAI- ditto/? - I assume they interview everyone they want.

Columbia-rejected

Yale-rejected

SAIC-rejected.

Has anybody heard from Tyler? i found out i was a finalist in early feb but haven't heard back since

I got my letter in the mail today. I would think you'll be getting something tomorrow or perhaps Sat. Best of luck!

Has anybody heard from Tyler? i found out i was a finalist in early feb but haven't heard back since

How did you find out you were a finalist? Did they contact you?

Think it's time to add Tyler to my rapidly growing "probable reject" list.

I found this forum while searching the internet for possible interview questions.

I applied to Yale, Columbia, RISD, MICA, SAIC, Indiana, Tyler and UCLA.

Earlier in the year, Tyler sent an online account log in document to me and if you have access to that, your application status is there. I have also received my acceptance letter but since I live in Philadelphia, it probably got here faster. There was no interview and I never heard from them till I was accepted and was beginning to get worried as well.

MICA did not do interviews this time but the director Timothy App did call a few people for phone interviews.

Accepted: Indiana, Tyler

Interview: MICA, SAIC, RISD, Yale, Columbia

Rejected: Have not heard from UCLA and am beginning to feel that it's in this section

I have a number on interviews coming up and I am really nervous. can we get a running list on interview questions?

my god! You got interviews at all those top schools, I don't know that you need to be nervous. :wink: So envious, but your work must be top notch. There is another topic already that runs through the interview questions so check it out if you haven't already. best of luck to you.

I found this forum while searching the internet for possible interview questions.

I applied to Yale, Columbia, RISD, MICA, SAIC, Indiana, Tyler and UCLA.

Earlier in the year, Tyler sent an online account log in document to me and if you have access to that, your application status is there. I have also received my acceptance letter but since I live in Philadelphia, it probably got here faster. There was no interview and I never heard from them till I was accepted and was beginning to get worried as well.

MICA did not do interviews this time but the director Timothy App did call a few people for phone interviews.

Accepted: Indiana, Tyler

Interview: MICA, SAIC, RISD, Yale, Columbia

Rejected: Have not heard from UCLA and am beginning to feel that it's in this section

I have a number on interviews coming up and I am really nervous. can we get a running list on interview questions?

Painting

Just an update on what I've heard--my empathies to everybody who's in this boat! What a difficult process, really. I'm glad this board is here.

Indiana U: rejected

Yale: rejected

VCU: nothing

Tyler: nothing (not even an updated web page)

MICA: nothing

Cranbrook: nothing

RISD: nothing