2012 GPPI Admissions

I was in the first round and they were about four days late, although they gave us a specific day. You may get it this week but I wouldn't be surprised if it took them a bit longer so don't worry if you dont get anything by friday. Good luck!

I, too, received my funding decision yesterday. Unfortunately, it was only for 5k/year and it literally has me losing sleep.

Will probably give them a call tomorrow to see if I can send in a letter for reconsideration. Does anyone know how closely they match merit-based aid with GPA/quantitative score?

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't receive the official letter o_O They must be running behind...

Not about how much merit aid is left. I was lucky and received a request for scholarship consideration a couple weeks after receiving my initial acceptance decision. For most, if you didn't receive the request in your admissions email, the chances of receiving anything are low >.<

All hope is not lost, however. I called the admissions office last week and they said they will consider more merit aid in April when they have a better picture of who will be accepting their offers.

Hello Everyone,

I just recently found out about this forum and discovered that I still have not heard back from GPPI and MSFS. I applied for the dual degree program. I am worried and wondering if it means that I have been rejected from both?

Don't worry monad0211 - I have heard that applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. I am also waiting to hear from GPPI, I met someone on another forum (another dual degree applicant, like us) who received an offer last Wednesday... I went to the Business School last week (my second degree is MBA) and they were saying that there is no decision cut off date at GPPI..

SIPA's loss! I emailed GPPI on 1st March and they replied:

"Your application has been sent to the admissions committee and you should be expecting a response within the next 2-4 weeks. You will receive a response regarding the admission decision. Please be patient with us as we are dealing with a high volume of applicants this year."

Of course. The fact that you haven't gotten a rejection yet means there is still room for hope. I actually don't know how Georgetown handles dual degree admissions but it's possible that they are waiting to release your GPPI notification until SFS has an admissions decision as well.

FInally! Received the acceptance from GPPI via email yesterday :) (submitted on 17th January) but wait listed at McDonough for MBA (I'm a dual degree applicant)

Ranking is just ordering everyone on the waitlist. Then next month if they find out there will be 50 open spots, they would contact the people #1-50 on the waitlist and offer admission. If those people decline they would keep going down the list.

Being unranked means that all waitlisted applicants are put into one pool. In the same situation a month from now with 50 open slots, the admissions commitee would sit down and review all the applicants to determine who they want to offer. The advantage of this is that they get another chance to bring in the class they want by having good balance between the different concentrations, enough international diversity, etc.

Received the acceptance package from Georgetown today. It's been raining the entire week where I live and I just retrieved the mail (yes, this late :P) so one corner was moist =[ There was a hand written note in the bottom left corner of the main acceptance letter. Also received confirmation of my scholarship money (split between two semesters).

Don't think there was anything in here that I couldn't find online, but it's nice that the acceptance feels official now =D After a week of intense consideration between SIPA and GPPI, I am heavily leaning toward GPPI right now. The financial situation still needs to improve, but I think I would be very happy here.

Anyone else planning on going to the April 13 Admit Day?

I'm not sure how much this matters to anyone considering GPPI, but it looks like they updated their website a few days ago and there is now an option to complete a capstone project instead of a thesis beginning in Fall 2012. I am very excited about that because the thesis requirement was one of the drawbacks for me in an MPP program since I don't plan on pursuing a PhD at this point. Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there if anyone feels the same way...

Just got a request for the one-page scholarship statement! SO EXCITED!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to focus my statement on? I don't know how to express myself without coming across like a giddy school girl.

AWESOME! I didn't net much from my round of scholarship candidates, so I have credible guidance to provide you. What we need is some guidance from the folks who received $15k and $20k awards!