2012 GPPI Admissions

same here-- stuck on what to write!

so how concrete is the preliminary statement? Is it that we made round 1, but theres definitely a round 2?

thx

I was wondering when did you apply? I applied just before the deadline (January 15), do you think they are sending decision to those who applied early?

I received an application status mail yesterday.

Thanks!!!

I submitted my application on January 13 and received an application verification email on January 18th. The preliminary acceptance email was sent yesterday, February 8.

My preliminary acceptance email didn't include a scholarship statement request D: Thinking I may be ineligible for the larger scholarships >.<

I pretty much took it to the wire on the application deadline, submitted it the night of Jan 17. Got the verification email Jan 24 and preliminary acceptance email Feb 3. I was really surprised at how fast it happened, as GPPI was more or less the last application I submitted but the first school I heard from. Not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to the order in which they go through applications. My acceptance email asked for a scholarship statement by Feb 8 and mentioned the admissions committee would meet for the first round of funding today. I'm supposed to get a decision by the 17th, but judging from previous years' posts I shouldn't hold my breath on that and it could be another week or two before they get around to it.

Having received the "you have been recommended" e-mail but not the request for a scholarship statement, I have come up with a theory. They only request the scholarship statement from people they are not sure about. For people like me, who they have already decided to give a full scholarship, they don't request a scholarship statement (ha..ha...this is what I am telling myself because the other scenario where they haven't requested the statement from me beacuse they are not going to consider me for scholarships is SCARY!)

Edited by Crippling Anxiety

I applied to the dual University of Geneva International Organizations MBA/GPPI MPP. I haven't heard anything from GPPI yet but I'm accepted in Geneva. I'm getting nervous reading this post though. On my application status page it says they haven't received my undergrad transcript, which they should have about a month ago. What do you guys think? Should I write them? I'm sure it was sent.

I applied to the dual University of Geneva International Organizations MBA/GPPI MPP. I haven't heard anything from GPPI yet but I'm accepted in Geneva. I'm getting nervous reading this post though. On my application status page it says they haven't received my undergrad transcript, which they should have about a month ago. What do you guys think? Should I write them? I'm sure it was sent.

I would write/call if I were you. Georgetown seems to be much more on top of it in terms of application organization compared to other schools. All my hard copy documents were recorded as received within just over a week of being received on their end (according to FedEx record sin any case!). No need to worry though, my friend had a similar issue and they just didn't happen to match up her transcript with her application.

Sorry that posted 3 times. Can't delete it either.

The same happened to me, the online application website said my transcript had not been received, I wrote to them and they told me they hadn't updated the website and they had actually received my transcript on time. Now I'm just waiting and hoping to get accepted (hopefully with some financial aid).

I "preliminarily" accepted to GPPI on Febuary 3rd, waiting for the results of my scholarship application. I applied for a dual degree with a Masters in Economics but havent heard back from Econ yet. (although Public Policy is my primary interest, so still stoked). Did anyone else apply for a dual MPP/M. Econ?

Hi there,

I heard back from GPPI on February 3rd that their admissions committee was recommending me for admission. I also submitted a one-page statement for scholarship funding consideration last Tuesday February 7. I'm supposed to hear by February 17 about their decision. Fingers crossed.

@bstone: I applied to a dual degree in MPP/MSFS. Still waiting to hear back from MSFS but I think their decision comes later in March.

Cry... Does it mean that MPP applicants who weren't 'preliminarily accepted' by GPPI will not receive any funding? :(

@icer1204 ah finally see an international student from China here. So you have already heard or received the preliminary admission email from GPPI right?

Congratulations to you first! I am still waiting for something.The anxiety is really killing me. And would you mind telling me when you submitted your application and when you received the confirmation letter from them? Many thanks ahead!

Edited by daphnesun

@icer1204 ah finally see an international student from China here. So you have already heard or received the preliminary admission email from GPPI right?

Congratulations to you first! I am still waiting for something.The anxiety is really killing me. And would you mind telling me when you submitted your application and when you received the confirmation letter from them? Many thanks ahead!

Hi back. You totally misunderstood me. I mean I am one of the 'MPP applicants who weren't 'preliminarily accepted' by GPPI'... I didn't even know about the preliminary admission until I saw this post. I think this means I'm definitely not one of the best applicants in GPPI's pool this year. So scary... Fingers crossed!

Hi back. You totally misunderstood me. I mean I am one of the 'MPP applicants who weren't 'preliminarily accepted' by GPPI'... I didn't even know about the preliminary admission until I saw this post. I think this means I'm definitely not one of the best applicants in GPPI's pool this year. So scary... Fingers crossed!

Ok, Well, I am telling myself that we international students would have been put in a different pool from those in US..... BUT one scary thing I can not ignore is that according to a previous post in the Gter's, someone has been in, this time around Feb 18 . So..Finger crossed with you!