Fall 2012 Planning admissions?

Probably neither :-/. They're both great programs, but funding is pretty important to me and I don't expect to get much from either. I'm also in at a few other programs that I think are good fits for my career goals.

In at UCLA, got the email yesterday.

Still anxiously waiting for MIT...hopefully by next week?

congrats loulou! Do you mind sharing your background? Your admission results indicate you are a very very strong candidate! Also which concentration did you apply at MIT? I guess that's the only school that still matters on your list. :D

congrats loulou! Do you mind sharing your background? Your admission results indicate you are a very very strong candidate! Also which concentration did you apply at MIT? I guess that's the only school that still matters on your list. :D

Hi there! I studied at a small liberal arts school in CA and after graduating in '08 I moved to South America where I am still living. I work at an architecture firm here and I have some experience in the US working at non-profits.

I applied to MIT's HCED concentration. So nervous for the results to come out...but I guess this week we'll be finding out!

hello!

just found out about this forum, wish i had known earlier.

anyway, got in at Cornell, Harvard, UIUC, and USC.

rejected at Berkeley.

i'm ruling out USC since it's so policy-heavy.

i don't want to make funding the deciding factor.

anyone have insight as to help me pick one of these?!

thanks!

hello!

rejected at Berkeley.

thanks!

I went to the UIUC open house, so if you have any questions about the program feel free to message me!

Hello to all! I just found this forum today! My focus is more environment related.

Duke MEM accepted

Michigan SNRE accepted

Yale MEM wait listed

And MIT MCP in the EPP concentration still waiting... I saw two acceptances on RS today though, via phone, was it anyone from here? I thought we weren't going to hear anything until the end of March....

I applied to the EPP concentration at MIT for the MCP and just got the call this evening saying I was accepted. So excited! Funding info is in the mail. Good luck everyone!

I applied to the EPP concentration at MIT for the MCP and just got the call this evening saying I was accepted. So excited! Funding info is in the mail. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Are you American? I'm wondering if they would call international students as well or they would just email us!

Hi there! I studied at a small liberal arts school in CA and after graduating in '08 I moved to South America where I am still living. I work at an architecture firm here and I have some experience in the US working at non-profits.

I applied to MIT's HCED concentration. So nervous for the results to come out...but I guess this week we'll be finding out!

Congrats again loulou! Thanks for sharing your profile--you are definitely a strong candidate that can sweep all the offers from top schools to your pocket. Fingers crossed on our MIT applications. ;)

Just got my MIT CDD admit!! Personal call from the head of the CDD joint program...great feeling!

And yes, they do call international students too!

All the best to everyone!! :)

Applied: Harvard, MIT, Cornell, UCLA, Michigan, UPenn, USC, UCBerkeley

Accepted: Harvard, MIT, Cornell, UCLA, Michigan, USC

Rejected: UCBerkeley

Just got my MIT CDD admit!! Personal call from the head of the CDD joint program...great feeling!

And yes, they do call international students too!

All the best to everyone!! :)

Applied: Harvard, MIT, Cornell, UCLA, Michigan, UPenn, USC, UCBerkeley

Accepted: Harvard, MIT, Cornell, UCLA, Michigan, USC

Rejected: UCBerkeley

Congratulations!! Thanks for the info too! So they call international students outside the US right? I guess I didn't explain that I'm Not in the US.

@ama1234. Did professor Layzer call you? Just curious to know who is making the calls from EPP

Congratulations!! Thanks for the info too! So they call international students outside the US right? I guess I didn't explain that I'm Not in the US.

@ama1234. Did professor Layzer call you? Just curious to know who is making the calls from EPP

Yes, they do call international students outside the US. Well, atleast I did receive a call from them and I am not in the US either, so...

All the best!!

hello!

rejected at Berkeley.

thanks!

I would like to ask about the UIC , when did you get the acceptance letter ? did you receive any funding ?

I would like to ask about the UIC , when did you get the acceptance letter ? did you receive any funding ?

I got the UIUC letter about mid-Feb. I was offered an assistantship, so they waive fees, and provide a stipend.

Accepted: UIUC(full coverage+stipend), Harvard(~16,000), Cornell(~6,000), USC (half tuition)

Rejected: Berkeley

Stats: V-158 Q-160 W-4.5 GPA-3.66 WE-2 years in non-urban planning field