UT Austin

Hi! I just found out I was accepted into Austin's Comp Lit program. But they haven't sent me any details on funding. Does anyone have any idea when they send that? What do you know about the program? I'm choosing between there and WashU. Thanks!

Hi! I just found out I was accepted into Austin's Comp Lit program. But they haven't sent me any details on funding. Does anyone have any idea when they send that? What do you know about the program? I'm choosing between there and Wash U. Thanks!

Heart. Attack. Thank god this is comp lit.

I may have been checking my UT account multiple times every day for the past month. Okay, that's a lie. Multiple times every day since DECEMBER.

Hahaha oh man you just gave me a heart attack. I had to double check that Comp Lit and English were different departments.

Also, congratulations! Sorry I don't have anything useful to say.

Glad we both had the same reaction at the same time. Hahahaha

Oh, well I'm soooooo glad all you English folks are feeling relieved! Meanwhile, us Comparatistas get to officially begin freaking out . . . plus, from the name, it sounds like the OP is also a Russian lit type . . . eeep!

Anyway, I don't have much info to offer, other than that I've heard good general things about the program, Austin is a great city, and - if you are indeed going for Russian literature - their Slavic department seems strong. Congratulations!

Any accepted want to share their specialization? I applied to Rhet and wondering if any Rhet acceptances have gone out.

I'm rhetoric too and haven't heard anything/my website status still says in review. Fingers crossed rhetoric decisions haven't gone out yet...

Congrats to those with good news!

What's your area of interest, antecedant?

Historical sociolinguistics in a broad sense - more specifically historical shifts in attitude about the English language and their evolution into contemporary prejudices about grammar and language usage. I'm also interested in English Syntax as a more general topic, as well as discourse analysis and language issues facing marginalized communities. I come from a literature background though. That's how I ended up applying to English Language/Linguistics programs in various English programs. The Edinburgh program I was accepted into is the only program that is in the Linguistics department.