Rutgers

Thanks! It is not by some crazy miracle, though I'm really excited by Rutgers program. This whole experience has been surreal and I recognize I'm in a very lucky position. I am sending good vibes to everyone on these boards!

Wow, looking at your signature, you have quite a list going on! Seriously, congratulations.

I'm beginning to fear that successfully going through the admissions process depends somewhat on who happens to be on a given adcom. Unfortunately, at my two top choices (besides one of the programs to which I've already been accepted), many of the faculty members I am interested in working with are on leave/have other administrative responsibilities :( .

Edited by girlmostlikely

If I don't get a call tomorrow I am actually going to throw up then drink myself into oblivion. Oh Rutgers, I want you so bad.

Maybe it's between us, 18th-century friend/rival. ;) At this point, though, with my other offers, I don't think Rutgers would be at the top of my list. So rest assured!

Maybe it's between us, 18th-century friend/rival. ;) At this point, though, with my other offers, I don't think Rutgers would be at the top of my list. So rest assured!
I think I'm in the running for an acceptance or waitlist here. But it's also one of the best African-American concentrations in the country, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't come off. Would be nice to have another NYC-area option.

Hey, don't forget some of us don't have acceptances to lean on yet... :unsure:

It's an amazing place, for sure. My track record thus far precludes me from thinking an acceptance is plausible (3 rejects, 1 waitlist). What do you study, woolferine? My hunch is modernism...

My main interest is queer studies, especially as it intersects with/how it can be applied to other fields. I realize my username is misleading, haha (although Virginia Woolf was totally queer).

Wow, looking at your signature, you have quite a list going on! Seriously, congratulations.

Thank you! I am in disbelief. I hope that you get more good news soon!

Is there any consensus about precisely who is calling? Some people are saying the DGS, some POIs? If it's POIs I think we can expect more randomness.

:( I wish POIs could call students whose applications were well received but ultimately could not be chosen. "Hey, kid, you're a great fit for Rutgers and we think you are super bright. Unfortunately, we had to go with another set of applicants. But don't be blue, we still liked you alot!"

Both me (umass waitlist gal) and my bf (umd acceptance guy) have not received anything. I pray for a waitlist. Rutgers is 40 minutes from my home and my best friend is doing undergrad there. And there is a great fellowship and good shopping nearby;) and they're amazing in Victorian.

I got a call last night, too! I am Renaissance. Message me if you want to chat or ask anything. My stats are awful. AWFUL. so, yay!

So are mine! Yay for awful stats!! High five!

Have any African-Americanists gotten a call from Rutgers? Just curious.