Penn State (not acceptance post)

jma310 - it does not. The only activity from Penn State has been two acceptances earlier in the season; everybody who hasn't heard back might be wait-listed, but it is far more likely that they are rejected. Nobody knows, though... It is a very frustrating state of affairs...

Colorado are doing the same thing.

To be honest, my best guess would be that those who haven't heard back are either rejected or on a kind of secondary wait-list. I know they've notified all of the accepted and at least some on the wait list so I can't think of any logical (logic taken for granted here) reason not to notify anyone who might have to make a decision within the next two weeks. Don't want to be a downer but just trying to realistic as I've been in similar situations this season.

Biting my nails for next ten days...insert plea here for accepted/wait-listers who don't plan on going to let them know. I think I would accept their offer over Kentucky's (though I want to clarify that by visiting in the next week...).

Somehow fretting about 13 schools and 1 is not much less stressful, heh

I just emailed them and got an auto response back saying that the decisions were sent out in the mail on Thur April 5th. Who knew that schools still sent mailed responses to all of their applicants?

I just emailed them and got an auto response back saying that the decisions were sent out in the mail on Thur April 5th. Who knew that schools still sent mailed responses to all of their applicants?

I think they mean they'll be sending out rejections in the mail.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I just got accepted. Total shock, didn't expect to hear back one way or the other until this weekend. 99% sure I'm headed there, good luck to others on wait list!

Congrats! I look forward to probably maybe meeting you in the fall!

Yes, I'm (probably...visiting a last school this weekend to be sure) going for the MA, and as of now planning to stay through the PhD, as most do. How about you?

I'm in literature but also likely staying through the Ph.D. Really excited about the course offerings for the Fall. Do you know when orientation is yet?

I'm in literature but also likely staying through the Ph.D. Really excited about the course offerings for the Fall. Do you know when orientation is yet?

I'm excited too! I just hope I can still get into the classes I want this late. No idea about orientation. I know TA training lasts about a week, so I'd imagine orientation is about two weeks before the semester starts? (Ahem...any of you lurking Penn Staters out there care to show yourselves and share? Yes, you, Leland and Emily...)

I received an acceptance e-mail yesterday, and spoke with the DGS by telephone this morning. I am in a bit of shock, honestly, but very pleased. Learned that orientation is the week before classes begin, though no specific dates were mentioned. The real question is how big a logistical nightmare is the relocation from CA to PA? Yikes!

Congrats! I hear you, though. I am relocating from NC to CA. Eek!

I received an acceptance e-mail yesterday, and spoke with the DGS by telephone this morning. I am in a bit of shock, honestly, but very pleased. Learned that orientation is the week before classes begin, though no specific dates were mentioned. The real question is how big a logistical nightmare is the relocation from CA to PA? Yikes!

Congrats! MA/Ph.D? Lit/Rhet?

Hope you aren't in an urban area of CA because State College is the most happening thing in about a 150-mile radius.

It tore me up to do it, because I had a fantastic time at recruitment and I could really see myself there, but I just declined Penn State. I hope this means some late good news for a Penn State rhet/comp waitlister!

Gee, I din´t know about those people. I had to Google them. Well, it bothers me that the April 15th deadline has passed and I have not heard from them since I applied.

That is bothersome. You may want to contact them and ask if they reviewed your app or not. You're owed a response.