Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

vtstevie - no harm, no foul! We Iowans joke about being in the middle of nowhere all the time. ;)

Think I got rejected from my summer internship plans. :/ Which means I get to go back to the States and help my parents move to Podunk Kentucky. Wailing and gnashing of teeth might just happen. I was told by both of my recommenders that they would be stupid not to take me, especially with my CV. But alas.

But I am going to London for the weekend for a Model United Nations conference, a ball and some sight-seeing. I suppose I should let that make me happy and not drag me down from the LOC rejection.

Sad news for Europeanists at UVA (only taking a couple of us!?)

I wonder if they've both been notified already? I haven't heard anything.

Edited by czesc

Feeling a bit nervy about USC History! I saw that a handful of people have already been notified by email a while ago. I called up the office and they said they were still working on decisions, but also that they can't give admissions results over the phone either soooo...who knows. Rejections last year seemed to by by post, so the waiting continues. 

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! I've been lurking this thread for a while now, so I have a feeling that I'm not the only one just wishing to be put out of my misery with any decision at all. 

With respect to Harvard, the deans meet for graduate admits next week.

Are there any other medievalists out there? I haven't heard a peep from anywhere, minus a rejection letter from UMinn, and the silence is deafening. 

Feeling a bit nervy about USC History! I saw that a handful of people have already been notified by email a while ago. I called up the office and they said they were still working on decisions, but also that they can't give admissions results over the phone either soooo...who knows. Rejections last year seemed to by by post, so the waiting continues. 

Not sure; they're holding a visit weekend March 9-11 and are starting to make travel arrangements.  Still haven't received an official letter or funding details yet though, so I'm not sure what they're doing.  I hope there is still some good news for you!

Not sure; they're holding a visit weekend March 9-11 and are starting to make travel arrangements.  Still haven't received an official letter or funding details yet though, so I'm not sure what they're doing.  I hope there is still some good news for you!

Thanks for the update! Can't say it made me feel any better, but not being so in the dark is some form of relief I suppose. Fingers, toes, eyes, hair, etc crossed to the max. 

Silence is really killing me. No word good or bad from anyone. My friend says he's planning a sympathy trip to his parents' vacation home in Northern California for me this spring if I don't get accepted anywhere  <_<

Hang tight. News can pop open at any moment's notice, even on Sundays!

I woke up to find an acceptance to St Andrews in my inbox!! Yay!! :wub: Though UK acceptances are bittersweet since now the hurdle is securing funding from scholarships. But hey, one down right??

Congrats to all the admits and hugs to the others...This board has been blowing up!! 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

P.S. czesc I have a feeling this is your day~  B)

I woke up to find an acceptance to St Andrews in my inbox!! Yay!! :wub: Though UK acceptances are bittersweet since now the hurdle is securing funding from scholarships. But hey, one down right??

Congrats to all the admits and hugs to the others...This board has been blowing up!! 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

P.S. czesc I have a feeling this is your day~  B)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  I was hoping that was yours!  :D

Edited by viggosloof28

Oh, Stanford. I knew it :(

Should I also consider myself out of the running for NYU ? I wasn't invited to any prospective students weekend.

Two people received POI calls from Stanford. Unless you see a wave of official emails (or got one?), I don't think it's time to count it out just yet.

As for NYU - no, don't count yourself out. There's no rhyme or reason to their process.

Congratulations, regalrenegade! I hope I hear something good today, too...

Edited by czesc

That's awesome, therealrenegade. I've heard great things about St Andrews. Besides, didn't Prince William go there?

And I'm with you on that, czesc. I need some good news. I'm glad to be accepted to a masters program, but I am really hoping for a PhD program.