Fall 2013 Applicants?

runaway

There's a Wisconsin postal service admit up now - congratulations, whoever you are!  Such a great program! :D

Maybe everyone else's notification letters will get to them by Monday or Tuesday, if they've been sent out already? :) Here's hoping it's good news!

There's a Wisconsin postal service admit up now - congratulations, whoever you are!  Such a great program! :D

Maybe everyone else's notification letters will get to them by Monday or Tuesday, if they've been sent out already? :) Here's hoping it's good news!

I thought I wouldn't hear from Wisconsin until second or third week of February! I hope it has been sent out though, as scary as it sounds, because the waiting is torture. But good luck to you too! It is a great program.  

I am curious - why did you apply to a school that doesn't fit into even your second backup plan?

hahahah It is a VERY high ranked university and program. According to a friend it is because I think I want to go there but I really don't. It makes sense, right?

Yikes!  My sympathies to Northwestern applicants today.  The results board looks just like it did on "Berkeley Rejection Day" last week.  Not happy times...but try to hang in there!  Surely this week will bring better news! :)

Yeah, this sucks. First notice of the year for me. I didn't even get an email from them....just one of those redudant log into a billion places and then get a informal "deny" letter. For Northwestern, how many applications do you think they get? around 400? 10-12 acceptances?  

Yeah, this sucks. First notice of the year for me. I didn't even get an email from them....just one of those redudant log into a billion places and then get a informal "deny" letter. For Northwestern, how many applications do you think they get? around 400? 10-12 acceptances?

Berkeley also had the log in to be rejected business which I find even more impersonal than usual. Is it so hard to send a mass email these days?

I am always curious about the stats but few places seem to disclose them.

Is that what happened to your computer!?

HAHA! Definitely had a bit of a giggle fit over that one! Nope, my computer died due to a virus that knocked out my antivirus allowing all sorts of other viruses to get into it. :/ 

Yep, speaking from experience - just a nasty bruise on my arm. Otherwise, I'm good.

Hugs for all the Northwestern carnage victims and congrats to the Wisconsin person! Madison's a crazy (read: drunk, hippie) town but the campus is right on the lake and therefore, pretty gorgeous.

I am always curious about the stats but few places seem to disclose them.

Me too.  I assume Berkeley had a few hundred applicants, but it would be nice to admit numbers or percentages. 

Looks like I won't hear from Michigan for a couple weeks yet at the earliest, so just going to concentrate on my Princeton interview this week. (Meeting with six professors! Ahh!)

Me too.  I assume Berkeley had a few hundred applicants, but it would be nice to admit numbers or percentages. 

Looks like I won't hear from Michigan for a couple weeks yet at the earliest, so just going to concentrate on my Princeton interview this week. (Meeting with six professors! Ahh!)

Six?! Wow, that just seems to be a bit much. I imagined that there would be the POI and maybe 1-2 others but never a full six. 

I'd be a mess of anxiety the days before I'd do an interview like that, but the best way to go about the interview is to remain calm and be as relaxed as possible. Remember they picked you for the interview, so they must already like you. :)   

Good luck! 

Me too.  I assume Berkeley had a few hundred applicants, but it would be nice to admit numbers or percentages.    Looks like I won't hear from Michigan for a couple weeks yet at the earliest, so just going to concentrate on my Princeton interview this week. (Meeting with six professors! Ahh!)
Wow, 6 interviews! That's incredible! Make sure you stay hydrated, and - as always - best of luck to you, kyjin! :D Knock 'em dead!

Not to drive you crazy, but my first interview invite came on a Sat morning from an East Coast school and I received an acceptance from a West Coast school past 5pm during the middle of the week... I wasnt expecting either at those times so it was a nice surprise.

Welp, since I'm on the East Coast/all my schools are on the East Coast and it's past 5pm, I guess it's been another know-nothing week... I'm not sure I should even bother crossing my fingers on next week, for fear of more anxiety!

Congrats, dknows  :)

I applied to Northwestern for a History PHD. It still seems way early, but four people have put results up and one person mentioned their friend got accepted in tihs thread. How terrified should I be that I haven't heard back yet?

Looks like the right answer was "very." Next question is how terrified should I be that the other schools I applied to are equivalent or maybe even better. I appreciate the encouraging words about the randomness of this whole process and am trying to hold out hope it will work out but it's pretty tough to start with rejection and go from there.

Good luck!!! You'll do perfect!!!

Every time there is a rejection/admission I wonder if any of us will wine up in the same school  :P

I'm beginning to think I can cross Princeton off my list. I'd be surprised if six profs wanted to interview kyjin prior to admission but took me without one.

I have the feeling most potential admits to Penn and NYU are getting interviews as well?

Edited by czesc

I'm beginning to think I can cross Princeton off my list. I'd be surprised if six profs wanted to interview kyjin prior to admission but took me without one.

czesc, I'm interviewing with the department of East Asian Studies, not History, so don't fret!  I don't think the History department holds interviews, but New England Nat would know better than me. 

I had an interview with a Princeton professor on January 21st, czesc, but it was very informal - seriously, she emailed me really late the night before (a Sunday night) and we spent most of our conversation talking about historical fiction and whether we liked Hilary Mantel as a person or not. I wouldn't get too worried about it!  :)  Fingers crossed for the both of us...

I have the feeling most potential admits to Penn and NYU are getting interviews as well?

Don't give up, czesc!  There's still plenty of time.  Wishing you all the best of luck! :)

Thanks! It's just so unnerving when you've heard absolutely nothing except for a login-required rejection and others are getting personal emails...hopefully this will be a big week for decisions so we know more either way.

Edited by czesc

For those of you waiting on Princeton, I just wanted to give you a heads up that the final meeting takes place today. The central bureaucracy confirmed the list. Accepted students should be hearing very soon! Good luck! 

.....ooh bugger. Now I'm petrified again, haha! Thank you for letting us know, though  :)