Hello there,

I am waiting to hear from the graduate schools in Statistics/Biostatistics for Fall 2012. I am not a high achiever. My undergraduate (major: Statistics) gpa is 3.59 and my graduate(MS in Math) gpa in 3.39, gre (750+490)...I have done research in statistics and working towards getting a paper published...I have "a little below expert" programming skills in R...

I have applied to schools like UC-Riverside, Utah State University, University of Kansas, and George Washington.

I was wondering if anyone could guide me through my chances of getting funded at any of the above schools...I am quite stressed about it....

I am on the same boat as you. Applied to UC-Riverside's Applied Stat program and haven't heard back yet. I emailed the secretary twice regarding my application. The first time, she said the results will be released in Feb. The second time, she said that graduate advisor will get back to me soon, but he hasn't yet. I tried to email the graduate advisor, but he hasn't responding to me yet. The wait is killing me. My profile is somewhat similar to yours. Hopefully someone has some input on the difficulty of obtaining funding from UCR's statistics program.