SAIS decisions are out, apparently:

avr2012

got in. saw it in the online application system. but no mention of moolah. anyone know whether that means no moolah is forthcoming or do they simply post the decision first and then bring up details later?

Thank you! I see you also got in!!! Will u go to SAIS???

It's between SAIS and Georgetown for me. I'll wait for financial aid info, make the pros and cons list, etc etc. Got $12k at Fletcher, but my fiance will be in DC so it would have taken a lot more than that to get me out of the District :)

Got in as well - Waiting for funding though....

Two questions:

1. I see a few HKS Accepted on this forum - have HKS decisions been made - the blog suggests no as does the HKS forum. Clarify please

2. I had applied for IDEV as my first choice - but made it through without IDEV. Any idea how I should view this decision

enkayem - see you are from india... it would be good to connect (if you wish) now tht we have one admit in common

Just accepted but I'm confused as to which specific concentration I have been admitted for. My first choice was ERE. This is what the acceptance letter stated:

The Johns Hopkins University Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) is pleased to offer you admission to the Master of Arts degree program at SAIS with your enrollment beginning in fall 2012 at the Washington, D.C., campus.

Can I assume I am in for ERE? Has anyone received a similar letter?

Edited by myacu

It's my understanding that you only need to be formally admitted to the IDEV program; other functional/regional programs are open to any MA student. Meaning you're in for ERE and whatever else you decide to do (except for IDEV).

I am in too at SAIS, but rejected by Kennedy. SAIS wants me to attend a preparatory English class before enrollment. I have to find a way. congrats to all admitted fellas.

which one is the better by the way; SAIS, MSFS or Elliott?

A lot of people would rank Walsh and SAIS as 1a and 1b for IR masters programs. Elliott is in the next tier, but still an excellent school.

Guys, since I'm in this weird situation, where my applications are being handled by an outside source, I won't hear from any of my schools until all of them release decisions.

SAIS was one of the schools I applied to, so I'm wondering could anyone clarify the June-July deadline thing you guys were discussing in the thread?

I got into SAIS. I have to say this is a big surprise; American rejected me so I thought for sure no top tier school would take me.

I applied to do my first year in Bologna and my second in DC. What's the word on the street about the Bologna campus, anyone know?

Edited by nouveau.ukiyo

I got into SAIS. I have to say this is a big surprise; American rejected me so I thought for sure no top tier school would take me.

I applied to do my first year in Bologna and my second in DC. What's the word on the street about the Bologna campus, anyone know?

American is an interesting animal. Before applying, I think I read pretty much every thread on gradcafe and American always seems to reject a few people that get in to Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, WWS, etc. This isn't a criticism one way or another, but it would be more interesting to hear the reasons why yes/no from American.

I'd be interested in seeing real admissions rates for all these schools. I can certainly imagine that schools doctor their public numbers in their favor (i.e. publishing #of applicants vs. #matriculating, without saying how many were accepted or yield). I actually heard somewhere that SAIS and Fletcher admit around 40%; does anyone know if this is true?

American is an interesting animal. Before applying, I think I read pretty much every thread on gradcafe and American always seems to reject a few people that get in to Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, WWS, etc. This isn't a criticism one way or another, but it would be more interesting to hear the reasons why yes/no from American.

They might be considering them overqualified for SIS? those things can happen.

I came across a booklet made by SIPA that contained admit rates for what they deemed were "peer schools" (I think the booklet was for SIPA admin eyes only, though). While these numbers are a bit old, I think they give a rough idea.

SIPA (MPA) [2008]: 51% (336/661)

SIPA (MPA) [2007]: 58% (337/578)

SIPA (MIA) [2008]: 40% (732/1,815)

SIPA (MIA) [2007]: 49% (804/1,626)

HKS (MPP) [2007]: 26.9% (340/1,262)

HKS (MPP) [2006]: 28.7% (386/1,344)

WWS (MPA) [2008]: 15% (116/765)

WWS (MPA) [2007]: 13% (103/792)

Maxwell (MPA) [2008]: 67% (243/361)

Maxwell (MPA) [2007]: 71% (281/394)

SFS (MSFS) [2008]: 29% (268/922)

SFS (MSFS) [2007]: 26.4% (220/834)

SAIS (MAIA) [2008]: 52% (791/1,521)

SAIS (MAIA) [2006]: 39% (640/1,639)

Fletcher (MALD) [2008]: 43% (699/1,620)

Fletcher (MALD) [2007]: 34.1% (558/1,636)

Edited by CoverID