University of Idaho/Washington State University

dmacfour

Anyone else stuck out here on the Palouse? What are you studying? I'm finishing up my BS in psychology this semester, and heading into the Masters program in Human Factors and UI next fall.

Edited by dmacfour

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Washington State for me! Pure Mathematics PhD for Fall 2018. I'm actually going to be flying out there in a month to visit the school (I currently live in Maine) and try to figure out where I wanna live in Pullman. I know it's kind of a smaller town but not much else about it, other than that the rent is way cheaper than it is in Portland ME ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently thinking I might be going to Idaho for Physics PhD (planetary science focus) if my top school rejects me. Plan to visit at end of March and hope the area is not too remote for a biker. I like how the two schools are so close. 
@EvelynD  I would likely want to live with a roommate to save on rent money but I hear the area is dirt cheap too.

Yeah, it all seems super affordable! But I also have the factor of being an international, so getting a roommate just seems a bit easier. I don't know yet, I keep alternationg between getting a studio, or getting a rommate. 

I just got back over the weekend from visiting Idaho. I have to say that I really liked it. It seemed really affordable and there are more options than were readily apparent online. I have a dog and would ideally like a house but am considering roommates of it can help me save money. Moscow definitely seems to have more varied housing options than Pullman.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 5:21 PM, EvelynD said:

Hey guys! I received and offer from WSU, and I'm trying to figure out the housing situation in Pullman. To the people who are also going to attend WSU, are you going to live alone or trying to look for a roommate? 

Hey! I'm going to be attending WSU too. I'm moving with my SO, so we're looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apt somewhere close, hopefully no roommates. We're moving from Maine, so it's gonna be quite a hike for us to get out there... But it looks like Pullman is much more affordable than where we are (Portland ME). I'm visiting this week, so I'm hoping to get a good feel for places to look, what rental companies to avoid, etc while I'm out there.

17 hours ago, saccheri said:

Hey! I'm going to be attending WSU too. I'm moving with my SO, so we're looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apt somewhere close, hopefully no roommates. We're moving from Maine, so it's gonna be quite a hike for us to get out there... But it looks like Pullman is much more affordable than where we are (Portland ME). I'm visiting this week, so I'm hoping to get a good feel for places to look, what rental companies to avoid, etc while I'm out there.

Congratulations! I have been scouting Craigslist and FB for a couple of weeks now, but no luck yet. You dont happen to be looking for a very cool Dutch roomate, by aby chance? Because I've got one of those available ;)

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, EvelynD said:

Congratulations! I have been scouting Craigslist and FB for a couple of weeks now, but no luck yet. You dont happen to be looking for a very cool Dutch roomate, by aby chance? Because I've got one of those available ;)

Sorry, my SO and I are looking for a place just for us! But there are TONS of apartments in the area that are very cheap - they'll start to pop up more and more as we get closer to the summer.

Thanks! I've actually just found a couple of very nice roommates, so I'll be renting a room for the first year! Have you found a place for thw two of you by now?

On 2/23/2018 at 7:40 AM, saccheri said:

Washington State for me! Pure Mathematics PhD for Fall 2018. I'm actually going to be flying out there in a month to visit the school (I currently live in Maine) and try to figure out where I wanna live in Pullman. I know it's kind of a smaller town but not much else about it, other than that the rent is way cheaper than it is in Portland ME ^_^

Hi! I am also going to WSU to start my PhD in electrical engineering in Fall 2018. I am currently looking for a roommate. Are you interested?