Georgetown MSFS decisions starts

For selfish reasons I hope this is true, since I still haven't heard from them and maybe it means I'm getting some aid. Not holding my breath, though - Georgetown doesn't have the reputation of being particularly generous with their aid.

Good luck. I understand Georgetown arent generous with their aid but with a relatively small entering class, I didnt expect them to be SIPA either! The GPPI admits have been getting good funding.

Good luck. I understand Georgetown arent generous with their aid but with a relatively small entering class, I didnt expect them to be SIPA either! The GPPI admits have been getting good funding.

Yeah not sure why the school has such a low priority in funding MSFS students, maybe cause they know they don't have to and people will still sign up? I don't like the fact that you MIGHT get funding for the second year but you can't know until then, and average amounts are only $10-11k. Doesn't seem like a very student-friendly policy.

I got no word yet from UCSD. If I get something, then it's a no brainier decision.

Yea I was ecstatic as well when I got the letters from SFS and SAIS. I don't think there is much I can do to improve my application; I can't change the past.

I hear you on being excited and also not being able to change the past. I have heard that Georgetown only offers aid to 5-10% of incoming class, so that means not only are those people good enough to get into SFS, they are really top-notch candidates. I am, unfortunately, not one of them. Supposedly, they offer more aid to second-year students, but I think it's kind of risky to bank on that.

For selfish reasons I hope this is true, since I still haven't heard from them and maybe it means I'm getting some aid. Not holding my breath, though - Georgetown doesn't have the reputation of being particularly generous with their aid.

Based on the quality aid your getting from other schools, this wouldn't surprise me. Good luck.

Anyone out there close enough to the apex of neurosis and frustration to call and see if they'll divulge their notification plans for today/this week?

if i didn't have meetings for the rest of the afternoon i would. anyone else up for calling?

do they have the same admissions process as SIPA? first batch 60% are unambiguous yes/no decisions, second batch 25% are borderline and need extra review, and 15% are the top group up for funding?

Anyone out there close enough to the apex of neurosis and frustration to call and see if they'll divulge their notification plans for today/this week?

Ha! As much as I'm dying to know, I don't necessarily want to be the one to ask :) I keep telling myself "good things come to those who wait."

I'm just thankful I already have a great $ offer at another awesome school already. Even rejection from MSFS can't get me down :)

have people who received acceptance emails also been invited to look at the official acceptance letter on apply yourself? i got the acceptance email five days ago, but no word yet on when the official letter (and its funding info) will be made available to me.

have people who received acceptance emails also been invited to look at the official acceptance letter on apply yourself? i got the acceptance email five days ago, but no word yet on when the official letter (and its funding info) will be made available to me.

Yes, I got the email saying to view the official letter the day after my initial acceptance email. Then for some reason a few days later they sent me the same email again telling me to check the official letter again. I was hoping that just maybe they'd decided to give me some money but it was just the same letter again, ha!

:/ i'm starting to wonder what's taking them so long. though i'm glad they notified me via email first and so kindly nixed the agony of waiting

Hey i noticed you got a lot of great acceptances... Have you decide where to go?

it's a hard decision to make, especially with georgetown and hks funding still up in the air. i honestly don't expect anything, but it'd still be silly to make a decision until i know what all my options are. i've decided to turn down sipa's offer, however, as they've already told me no money. georgetown's small class size/location/rigor/faculty are some of its greatest draws for me, despite the fact that i think it is the least best match for me of the four schools, curriculum-wise. i really am torn between hks and sais right now, but the financial aid package i got from sais only had loans. the cost issue really just dampens the whole "let's get excited about acceptances" thing real quick. basically, i don't know anything useful yet :P

Edited by hello.operator

the financial aid package i got from sais only had loans. the cost issue really just dampens the whole "let's get excited about acceptances" thing real quick. basically, i don't know anything useful yet :P

I am right there with you. I've gotten a vary generous financial package from Fletcher, and think their curriculum is almost a perfect fit for me. The location is rough though...Boston/Medford seem so out of the loop comparatively, and there are no opportunities for paid internships during the school year. I think both SAIS and even more so Georgetown MSFS rely on their students getting paid part-time internships during school to help defray costs.

anyone else getting paranoid? based on last year's results they sent out all the ssp decisions via postal mail, then two days later a rash of acceptances for msfs from march 16-18, then the week after that a slow trickle of waitlists and rejections.

I only saw 3 msfs acceptance posts for '12 versus 11 for '11...are we already on the slow trickle of wait list vs. rejection decisions?

1) Yes of course I'm paranoid and I think it will probably follow that trend,

but,

2) I think this week will be the 'rash' of acceptances. SFS is one of the last schools and the hype around it means we'll probably hear when the majority of acceptances go out. I think they wanted to nail down some fantastic picks early, and now they're going to release the bulk of their decisions.

Also I just made all of that up.

There are still about equal people posting acceptances and rejections, and the acceptances seem to be finally coming with some funding. I really think they're just releasing decisions as they make them, in whatever random order the application pile happens to be sitting on their desk.

thank you for the much needed laugh.

Seconded :) well I'm pretty sure I'm going to take GW up on their offer. But congrats to all you MSFSers and good luck to the hopefuls out there. At least I'll see you in DC.