Georgetown MSFS decisions starts

so as i carry on a nutzo conversation with myself:

Hahahahaha. Don't worry. I've been stalking this thread, each time hoping to be alerted that admissions decisions were forthcoming. It's really not going to kill me if I don't get in, but it IS killing me that I don't know / can't plan / am unable to weigh my options properly. GAH.

At this point I'm kind of assuming I'm either waitlisted or rejected. I've already gotten multiple e-mails, financial aid offers, packages in the mail, etc. from all the other schools I applied to. I've had my questions answered by admissions and financial aid offices and gotten in touch with current students.

Nothing from GTown

At this point I'm kind of assuming I'm either waitlisted or rejected.

Nothing from GTown

No, don't assume that! Based on the fact that your profile says you've been accepted to several other phenomenal IR programs, I'd say that there's still a great chance that SFS will accept you as well. They've assured their students that their is no rhyme or reason to their pattern of acceptance/rejection/waitlist releases, so we'll just have to take their word for that. Stay positive!

No, don't assume that! Based on the fact that your profile says you've been accepted to several other phenomenal IR programs, I'd say that there's still a great chance that SFS will accept you as well. They've assured their students that their is no rhyme or reason to their pattern of acceptance/rejection/waitlist releases, so we'll just have to take their word for that. Stay positive!

I love this positivity! For those that are hearing back... please post!

Heard back on financial aid - 20k/year!

What do you mean by 'heard back'? Did you e-mail/contact them about aid? I didn't get offered anything in my acceptance letter, so I assumed that was the end of the story; but would it be worth contacting them directly and seeing if the situation is/could possibly be different?

@nouveau.ukiyo

i heard back about financial aid offers today via email as well, though i received an email notice for acceptance last wednesday. the acceptance email said that i'd receive notification from apply yourself once the official acceptance letter (with scholarship information) had been posted to the application site. i still haven't been able to access this official letter on apply yourself, though. if you've been able to access your official letter, i think it's safe to assume georgetown has disclosed all decisions on scholarships to you as well.

I love this positivity! For those that are hearing back... please post!

This is so nice! Thanks for the votes of confidence - much appreciated!

Did anyone else explicitly mention becoming a FSO in their SoP? I did, and I'm wondering how it might have affected my applications (especially to SFS). I was surprised by the Columbia WL and the Fletcher acceptance, but through the lens of the Foreign Service I think it might make sense. Fletcher seems to send more alumni into government positions, while SAIS and Columbia appear to have a broader scope.

Thoughts?

Also I've absolutely convinced myself that decisions are being released today or tomorrow.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

If it makse you feel any better I'm suffering from swings between "delusions of granduer" that I'm in with a scholarship, and "paranoia" that they've been sitting on my rejection trying to make the sting all that worse when it eventually comes.

Did anyone else explicitly mention becoming a FSO in their SoP? I did, and I'm wondering how it might have affected my applications (especially to SFS). I was surprised by the Columbia WL and the Fletcher acceptance, but through the lens of the Foreign Service I think it might make sense. Fletcher seems to send more alumni into government positions, while SAIS and Columbia appear to have a broader scope.

Thoughts?

While I can't comment as to mentioning the FSO in the SoP (because I did not do it), I will agree with the premise that you've put forth with the different decisions from different programs/schools.

Of the 3 (SAIS, Fletcher, SIPA) that you mentioned, Fletcher seems to lend itself best to the 'foreign service' type of aspiration/atmosphere. I'd say that SIPA is probably less so, and SAIS is somewhere inbetween Fletcher & SIPA on that spectrum.

But then again.... what do I know?! B)

What do you mean by 'heard back'? Did you e-mail/contact them about aid? I didn't get offered anything in my acceptance letter, so I assumed that was the end of the story; but would it be worth contacting them directly and seeing if the situation is/could possibly be different?

I received an email saying I've been offered the scholarship. Today, my letter was finally available on apply yourself and included the award on it.

Hey everyone, I asked this question in the Georgetown SSP thread...but my question is, if you get into the Walsh school (say, the SSP program, as I did), are you allowed to transfer within the school to another Walsh graduate program, such as the MSFS? Thanks.

My SFS site is down...I wonder if this means anything...Oh right. It does. It means I'm repeatedly checking the website without the slightest indication that my decision is ready.