Fall 2013 English Lit Applicants

Well, yes, but Columbia is in New York City (automatic extra 50% applications!) and they accept a larger number of students. Still hella-selective, of course.

Edited by asleepawake

I also think Columbia gets that many apps because they are a top program that does not require the Subject Test, along with NYC thing. But it's app fee is far from cheap. They actually raised it by $5 this year. I didn't realize that until I got to the final payment screen. I felt duped (not that I would've decided not to apply because of an extra 5 bucks).

My top schools where I want to apply to are Oxford and the Sorbonne. But my safety's Harvard.

I lol'd.

I wonder if Vanderbilt changes their method every year just to throw Gradcafe off, ha.  Looking at this year so far, with the rejections going out (apparently) before any acceptances; then last year with the strange "secret waitlist" stuff; then the year before, where the rejections didn't go out (apparently) until March; it seems like they like to experiment heh.

Speaking of which, last year the acceptance notifications last year apparently went out on the uh, 5th and 6th of February, which were, uh *cough*, the first Sunday and Monday of February 2012.  But hey, we really shouldn't read into that, right? 

Edited by jrockford27

Okay question,

I've mentioned this before but I have a person writing recommendations who seems to have skipped out on my last three recommendations. Two schools it is too late to do anything about but I have one final school where the application is not officially due until March 1st. Should I try to come up with another recommendation?  I don't know who I would ask but I'm not confident the person who did my other recommendations will come through. 

Based on last year, we're well within the time frame that we could expect Chicago, Duke, and the remainder of the Buffalo acceptances this afternoon.

Gulp.

I agree on Chicago and MSU. Have we heard from Wayne State yet? That should be soon too right?