Fall 2013 English Lit Applicants

I think rejection letters might be my favorite literary genre. Especially the ones that go to great lengths to convince you that they desperately wanted to accept you, really they did, but they're just so poor! I mean come on, respect my intelligence, tell me no, and let me leave with my dignity.

Officially out at UPitt. It was nice of them to tell me on the rejection letter not to bother asking why they rejected me. They were one of the schools I was going to contact for feedback.

Also, I'm now glad most of these are coming via e-mail. After getting nothing last Thursday, I got literally 10 pieces of mail today (two bills), most of which were dated 2/11 and 2/12. I'm fairly certain my mailman just picks random days to not work.

Oy, USC is sending rejections by mail? Guess I'll be mildly worried about that until I get home at nine. It doesn't help that I'm 99% certain that I'm not getting half of my mail, and the half that I do get is almost always bent/ripped. Damn you, USPS!

Oy, USC is sending rejections by mail? Guess I'll be mildly worried about that until I get home at nine. It doesn't help that I'm 99% certain that I'm not getting half of my mail, and the half that I do get is almost always bent/ripped. Damn you, USPS!

I received my USC rejection letter today, and I am pretty far from CA. I am happy with the acceptances I have, so I am not upset, but I am curious: has anyone been accepted there yet?

I received my USC rejection letter today, and I am pretty far from CA. I am happy with the acceptances I have, so I am not upset, but I am curious: has anyone been accepted there yet?

Yes, a regular poster here got accepted with Merit Scholarship a few days ago. I don't know if that person is keeping their acceptances a secret, but if they want I'm sure they'll respond. In other words, I think USC has started sending out acceptances, perhaps slowly. I'm waiting on them myself, so I'm with you on this one.

Yes, a regular poster here got accepted with Merit Scholarship a few days ago. I don't know if that person is keeping their acceptances a secret, but if they want I'm sure they'll respond. In other words, I think USC has started sending out acceptances, perhaps slowly. I'm waiting on them myself, so I'm with you on this one.

Wait, do some of y'all know each other in real life? Sweet.

Oh, I must have completely missed that. I'm not concerned though, I was just curious. 

I randomly visited the Buffalo status site for the first time in AAAAAGES (though it's actually on my chrome most visited page sad story) and it's changed again. Rejections are probably forthcoming. Shit, you guys. :(

Blast! Did it have your decision status?

I looked again too, but I can't tell the difference... still says it hasn't been reviewed yet in 2 places though. :unsure:

On a similar note, I got my (expected) Pitt rejection today. Balls.

I looked again too, but I can't tell the difference... still says it hasn't been reviewed yet in 2 places though. :unsure:

On a similar note, I got my (expected) Pitt rejection today. Balls.

Got mine from USC. Definite sad face happening right now.

Does anyone remember when we used to be happy, positive, (relatively) mentally stable people, before applications turned us into severely unbalanced cynical shells of our former selves?  I miss that me...  She also knew how to use commas.

Edited by Katia_chan

Okay, so regarding the Buffalo status site, the section "application reviewed" is new, correct?  They already had the "application status" section, which for me still says "not reviewed."  What kind of redundancy is going on here?

I've never wanted to know a rejection so badly.

Does anyone remember when we used to be happy, positive, (relatively) mentally stable people, before applications turned us into severely unbalanced cynical shells of our former selves?  I miss that me...  She also knew how to use commas.

I was never like that.

I was never like that.

You know, I just quoted that post to say the same thing before I noticed yours.

So different and so alike, donthate.

I think I've been called a "severely unbalanced cynical shell" since I was about eleven years old. 

Edited by thestage

You know, I just quoted that post to say the same thing before I noticed yours.

So different and so alike, donthate.

I think I've been called a "severely unbalanced cynical shell" since I was about eleven years old. 

haha