How many places are you going to visit?

moleculeboy

The subject line really says it all. I think I am going to try and limit it down to three schools to visit, but that is hard because I have to take into account how well my girlfriend fits in at the schools as well.

By the way I am assuming the visits are payed for by the school....

I think there are 6 schools on my list that I'd visit if I end up getting in.

Now that I have had some acceptances from my top choices, I am withdrawing my app from everywhere else. I don't understand why I should have an application in if I'm not even interested enough to visit the school.

I'm in at three (out of five) so far; I think I'm only going to visit two of them, because the other one isn't offering me a good enough funding package. I haven't heard about funding for the other two yet, so if they both give me even less money, I might start considering the third school again. Of the two I haven't heard from yet, the one I would be most likely to consider if I get in is only about half an hour away, so visiting would be pretty easy.

I'll visit as many places as the departments are willing to pay for. I don't have the money to pay for my own visits. I'm completely dependent on the goodwill / desire of others to recruit me :) So far I'm visiting UCSB. They've accepted me and are paying for me to come visit. I haven't heard back from anyone else yet. [Also, all the places I applied are on the opposite side of the country from where I currently am.]

If I get in everywhere (ha!), I'd like to visit the 3 that are far away, and only drop by the local ones on a day off if I need to talk to somebody about questions. Currently only in to one far away place and working on scheduling the visit, though.