Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Haha, it wasn't too bad.  This time they didn't hit nerve, so a painless event albeit a bit sore.  Trying not to day dream too much about Germany, while waiting for news.  Does anyone have a good cocktail they like to make in these trying times?   
Hmmmm.....it doesn't matter so long as it's strong lol.

Another long time lurker, first time poster here. :) To those who have already heard good news, congratulations! I've applied to and been recommended for an ETA to Germany, and like everyone else still in the waiting game, I'm anxiously waiting to hear something... anything... (So far, I'm finding waiting to be much more torturous than pretty much any other part of this application :D)

Does anyone have a good cocktail they like to make in these trying times?   

Hmmmm.....it doesn't matter so long as it's strong lol.

For waiting this long, I'd say a gin bucket is needed. Though I suppose it is less of a cocktail and more of a.....well....bucket of booze.

Edited by kokowääh

I'm applying for a Fulbright in Creative Writing as well!  I'm recommended to Switzerland to work on a series on nonfiction essays.  Just wrapping up my MFA at Northwestern right now.

Another Swiss applicant! Welcome! I'm also in Chicago. There are two other Swiss on this forum that I've met. I'm happy to know of another!

Haha, it wasn't too bad.  This time they didn't hit nerve, so a painless event albeit a bit sore.  Trying not to day dream too much about Germany, while waiting for news.  Does anyone have a good cocktail they like to make in these trying times?   

Ironically daydreaming is the only thing that gets me through the day...though it will be all the worse if I don't get it...oh well. 

In France, there's a drink called the TGV, named after the express train. It's an acronym for Tequila, Gin, and Vodka. Good cocktail? No. Does it get you there fast? Yes.

Ironically daydreaming is the only thing that gets me through the day...though it will be all the worse if I don't get it...oh well. 

Yeah I expect to be daydreaming straight for the next month. As for cocktails, I find a nice straight dose of Maker's has been an effective cure, especially in the company of friends who aren't constantly asking if I've heard one way or the other. Unfortunately the Chicago-Cincinnati-New Orleans-Cincinnati-Philadelphia-Chicago roadtrip I am in the middle of has offered plenty of time to imagine myself prancing through the wilds of northwestern China!

Another Swiss applicant! Welcome! I'm also in Chicago. There are two other Swiss on this forum that I've met. I'm happy to know of another!

HI!  Fun to see another Swiss applicant!  I wish they would hurry up and announce already.  It is driving me crrrraaaazzzzzyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

oh god.

oh god.

oh god.

oh god.

My thoughts exactly.  First oh god: full grants heard today, we'll probably hear today too.  Second oh god: It could still be another 2 weeks since the last few years haven't notified full and ETA together.  Third oh god: IT COULD BE TODAY.  And so on..... 

My thoughts exactly.  First oh god: full grants heard today, we'll probably hear today too.  Second oh god: It could still be another 2 weeks since the last few years haven't notified full and ETA together.  Third oh god: IT COULD BE TODAY.  And so on..... 

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Anyone remember the turtle (Sheldon?) from Rocko's Modern Life? That's me right now.

Congrats to all full grantees!!!!!...

oh god

oh god.

oh god.

oh god.