Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

For those of you worried if they have received your transcript or not, and if they say they will notify you in the event that it is not received, that is what they mean. This question has also been answered multiple times in previous pages. I would recommend for applicants to chill out on the transcript front. I am sure IIE is inundated with phone calls exactly of this inquiry. 

Everyone is on pins and needles. Perhaps you didn't mean for it to, but that came across rather snippy. Maybe take it down a notch? But, yeah, I agree, there is no way that IIE can field everyone's calls regarding their transcripts.

Edited by there'sanappforthat

Does anyone know what  the difference is between people doing a full grant versus study grant in the UK. I see the excel sheet says most UK folks are doing the full grant. Correct me if i am wrong, isn't the full grant the opportunity to allocate funding to any school and or do independent research ( but also most competitive)? Maybe i answered my own question?

Yes, the full grant is the most competitive because there are only 4 spots and a ton of applicants. With the partnership grants you're only competing against people who applied for the same specific grant as you.

Maybe you've already read this : The email says a similar thing but i thought it was interesting that they stressed articulation here

Q: What are the telephone interviews like?
A: Telephone interviews last for approximately 15 minutes. You will be introduced to the panel members present during your telephone interview at the start of the call. We have a list of questions that we pose to all short-listed candidates. Generally, the application itself is not discussed during the telephone interview, except to seek clarification if something is not clear or perhaps has not been considered. The telephone interview is an opportunity to review the articulation of the candidates. As Fulbright grantees are cultural ambassadors and leaders in their fields, they must have strong communication skills.

Q: How do I prepare for the telephone interview?
A: It will be helpful to have the location (of the intended institution at which you wish to study and where it is located), and course dates (e.g. begins in September, finishes in May) on hand. Again, we may ask for some clarification on your application. Otherwise, we will pose questions to you; you should answer within the best of your ability. Relax, focus, and be yourself.

Q: I've done my telephone interview. What next?
A: Candidates will be contacted with next steps.

http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/faqs/interview-faqs

Hi all,

I've been recommended for a full/research to Mexico. I haven't got word about any interviews yet. My advisor on campus thought only ETA and Business applicants had Skype interviews with Comexus and wasn't certain about interviews for full/research applicants. Anybody know about this? Has anyone heard from Comexus yet?

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi all,   I've been recommended for a full/research to Mexico. I haven't got word about any interviews yet. My advisor on campus thought only ETA and Business applicants had Skype interviews with Comexus and wasn't certain about interviews for full/research applicants. Anybody know about this? Has anyone heard from Comexus yet?   Best of luck to everyone!
I've also been recommended for a research grant to mexico. I have not heard from anyone about an interview, so far it seems that it is only ETA and business applicant

They recommend 1.5-2 times the number of recommended per open spots. ie my country has 16 grants, they recommended 24-32. So you are looking at 50-67%

Great. I had heard 2 times the amount, so thanks for the confirmation. That makes being recommended for the more competitive countries a pretty big deal. IE, South Africa's 10% acceptance rate means that only 20% remain from the original. So, 80% of the original applicants are no longer in competition. 

Good luck to all!