anyone heard from UW-Madison?

ipmser

Man it would be awesome if there was like a tool that everyone could use to post their results. If it was searchable that'd be even better. I mean if you really wanted you could look at the history of the program through the years and see when some of them actually get around to contacting students!

Wait, that's right, we have exactly this tool: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index ... t=a&o=&p=1

Anyways... I'm expecting to see the first responses at the end of next week. If their habits don't change it should be between thursday and saturday. It's also possible they send out something this evening, but that seems unlikely.

Man it would be awesome if there was like a tool that everyone could use to post their results. If it was searchable that'd be even better. I mean if you really wanted you could look at the history of the program through the years and see when some of them actually get around to contacting students!

Wait, that's right, we have exactly this tool: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index ... t=a&o=&p=1

Anyways... I'm expecting to see the first responses at the end of next week. If their habits don't change it should be between thursday and saturday. It's also possible they send out something this evening, but that seems unlikely.

I did that. That's also the reason I post this thread, since they're already behind their habit of last year. thx for your words though.

Me too. No funding though, I think that's common for them... they offer hilariously more slots than they can fund and let it figure itself out. Or at least I think I remember hearing that somewhere. Anyways, I e-mailed to find out who took an interest in my application so I can see if they're interested in funding me.

Also Wisconsin seems hilariously cold and I think my little Californian self might just turn into an icicle coming into contact with the place, so there's many things to think about. Certainly I'd have to stop wearing sandals year-round...

I also applied to UW-Madison but I have not received any response back. Since they have already sent rejections and acceptances... Am I waitlisted or something?

in the email they said they did not maintain a waiting list. (i got rejected btw, despite withdrawing my app 3 weeks ago :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have received an additional rejection letter from UW Madison with little changes in the wording of the email and a PDF attachment with my address and the same wording as in the email. This is kind of weird, I had already received their previous rejection email. Anyone else got rejection email again?

I thought by one moment they would say, hey! we made a mistake sending you the wrong letter because you have really been accepted :)

And 3rd ones now, too. I see this pop-up saying that I have some mail with 'Congratulations' in the subject and think I got accepted to some school I haven't heard back from yet. Nope. It's just Wisconsin, again. And again.

yep

Unfortunately, I believe you may have received a letter that has the incorrect official dates on it. If you did, don't worry - we'll soon get you the correct version of this letter!