Applications for Fall 2013!

Got into NYU!!! For anyone who is worried or losing hope because it's been a while, my application was complete as of 11/23 and my status only changed to "under review " after I called them 11 days ago. So it took quite a while. I got a $15,000 scholarship and I have 4 weeks to reserve my spot. NYU is my top choice....SO excited! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! how did you get notified ?

Got into NYU!!! For anyone who is worried or losing hope because it's been a while, my application was complete as of 11/23 and my status only changed to "under review " after I called them 11 days ago. So it took quite a while. I got a $15,000 scholarship and I have 4 weeks to reserve my spot. NYU is my top choice....SO excited! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!! And thanks so much for letting us know about the time frame-- hope is back! :-)

Congrats!! And thanks so much for letting us know about the time frame-- hope is back! :-)

I have been checking my email and also my

application page. Some folks on here said they got an email telling them to check their page, so I was sort of expecting an email, but I would check my page once or twice a day just in case- and I'm glad I did because I still haven't gotten an email. However, earlier today when I checked my application page, it stated that a decision had been made and I was able to view my acceptance letter! Have you been checking your page periodically?

Congrats! how did you get notified ?

Hey al123, I accidentally quoted someone else and replied to your question. I was notified on my application page, but have not yet received an email. When I checked my application page today my status had been changed and it stated that a decision had been made. I was able to view my acceptance letter which included the scholarship info.

Hey al123, I accidentally quoted someone else and replied to your question. I was notified on my application page, but have not yet received an email. When I checked my application page today my status had been changed and it stated that a decision had been made. I was able to view my acceptance letter which included the scholarship info.

Thanks for sharing! I just checked my application, and it still says : 

Your application is complete and has been sent for review.

But, on the bright side, I just got into Simmons!  :D

Thanks for sharing! I just checked my application, and it still says : 

Your application is complete and has been sent for review.

But, on the bright side, I just got into Simmons!  :D

Congrats!!

Did anyone else apply/get accepted to the University of Pittsburgh? I received an email acceptance a few weeks ago, got my official letter in the mail last week, and this week received the financial aid packet. They gave me a $6000/yr scholarship, which is definitely appreciated, but I admit I was hoping for a bit more. However, my GPA is not the best, so I suppose I'm lucky to get anything!

I applied January 4 2013. Have you been called for an interview yet ?

Nothing yet, and I am wondering if I am just "wait listed" at this point. Someone else for their app in back in Sept but didn't get an interview until just this week, so not sure how they are making decisions. Anywhoo, there's nothing to do other than just wait. Good luck on your interview!!!

Nothing yet, and I am wondering if I am just "wait listed" at this point. Someone else for their app in back in Sept but didn't get an interview until just this week, so not sure how they are making decisions. Anywhoo, there's nothing to do other than just wait. Good luck on your interview!!!

I heard that they wait until deadline before doing interviews. Good luck :)

Just got my acceptance notification from NYU Silver! They sent an email stating that that decision is ready to view and to logon to the application page. This has definitely made my anxiety level go down a whole bunch. 4 weeks from date of the letter to accept or decline.

Still waiting to hear from Fordham and Hunter. :-)

Just got my acceptance notification from NYU Silver! They sent an email stating that that decision is ready to view and to logon to the application page. This has definitely made my anxiety level go down a whole bunch. 4 weeks from date of the letter to accept or decline.

I am anxiously checking the Fordham VIP page every hour!! Did NYU offer you a scholarship?  Which school is your #1 preference? Good luck!!!!

I am anxiously checking the Fordham VIP page every hour!! Did NYU offer you a scholarship?  Which school is your #1 preference? Good luck!!!!

LOL, me too! Checking at least 3 times per day! I got $8,000. I would be very happy to attend any of the schools to be honest with you, but Fordham offers a particular path that I like because it allows you to learn/experience both clinical and administrative/macro side of SW. That is very attractive to me. Good luck to you as well!!

WUSTL applicants, just an FYI:

I just called to see if the February 15th date still stands for hearing back from the early admissions deadline, and was told that they received a lot (the way this was emphasized made me think more than in previous years) for that deadline and that they're doing their best to get through them all. No date was given, it was simply suggested to keep checking back online and hopefully a decision will be posted soon.

Best of luck with the wait! I'm trying not to let it drive me crazy :)

Just got my acceptance notification from NYU Silver! They sent an email stating that that decision is ready to view and to logon to the application page. This has definitely made my anxiety level go down a whole bunch. 4 weeks from date of the letter to accept or decline.

Big congrats!!

That was me! I had emailed Hunter prior to receiving the interview invitation, and they said they started reviewing all applications February 1, and everyone should know 4-6 weeks after that. Also, the interview is mandatory before being accepted, but after you interview, your admission notification will be available on your application in 2 weeks.