MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Just got my CCA acceptance letter today for my MFA in studio practice! I also got accepted into SFAI and Mills. I was rejected from UCLA.

Still waiting on USC. Has anyone heard anything? I have not since I sent in my application...

Just got my CCA acceptance letter today for my MFA in studio practice! I also got accepted into SFAI and Mills. I was rejected from UCLA.

Still waiting on USC. Has anyone heard anything? I have not since I sent in my application...

I think USC is in the process of sending out letters, though my bet is if you are a candidate, you already know.

He said I was accepted and that any financial offers were included in a packet that should arrive here towards the end of the week. So we'll see how financially generous they are, if at all.

Congratulations!!

What's the deal with VCU? Would love to know what my status is. 

They tend to take longer than everybody else from what I've heard. I was told that it would be another couple of weeks not too long ago. :\

BOOM!!! Full scholarship, stipend and teaching ASS-shit-san-sip from USC!!!

THUMBS DOWN to Columbia and their over priced, lack of funding school!!! 

F-NYC, LA here comes the HEATER!!!!

Ah yeah I was at their campus for 3 days (I was staying with a friend who's completing her masters in film) I pretty much got the whole pitch from faculty, a few MFA's, and the MFA advisor. At this point its kind of just a waiting game for the USC decision and giving Calarts their due with a skype interview. Their facilities (even the MFA studios imo) as well as incredible faculty (let me repeat, INCREDIBLE FACULTY) completely trumps my interest in USC/Calarts at this point tbh. 

Found your blog/work interesting. 

See you in L.A. MA-Focka

BOOM!!! Full scholarship, stipend and teaching ASS-shit-san-sip from USC!!!

THUMBS DOWN to Columbia and their over priced, lack of funding school!!! 

F-NYC, LA here comes the HEATER!!!!

Congrats!! Yeah, their program really hook$ it up. When and how did you find out? I had a skype interview on the 8th of March. They said they'd have their decisions by the end of the month after spring break.

Edited by 310LA

Does anybody hear from Graphic design degree of MICA, SVA, SAIC or PARSONS(design and technology major)?

I got accepted to Parsons Design and Technology MFA. The letter was dated March 15.

I don't know if they send out all acceptances at once or on a rolling basis though.

anyone know anything about  Pratt's MS communication design?  Didn't get into their MFA communication design, and got an extended acceptance to MS communicaiton design instead. how is it compare to the MFA degree? I am a bit unsure about the MS degree.

How about the CCA's MFA design? Could only get some info on their website. Anyone has experiece with the program? in terms of curriculms and landing jobs after graduation. 

Trying to decide between Pratt's MS and CCA's  MFA design..        any suggestions?  Thanks.

I got into the same program last year but turned it down because I wanted to apply as a Fulbright grantee. I will (hopefully) get into it this year as well.

I had my apprehensions about the MS part too. That's why I'm leaning towards Parsons and Carnegie Mellon more. However, the Communication Design program is housed in Manhattan and NYC offers a lot of benefits for designers. And, if I remember correctly, last year a bunch of MS students were able to switch into the MFA midway.

If CCA is located in a place that you like and you want the MFA tag, go with it. But the MS at Pratt in NYC is pretty good too.

Edited by Babar_Suleman

Guys, thismessageispaidforby... has been temporarily suspended for using offensive language. I hope everyone else can stay civilized. I don't enjoy using such strong interference in threads but this was getting excessive.

Finally - thank you :)

Many Thanks indeed!! I literally stopped posting because of how obnoxious it was to skip over all the excessiveness. Cheers!  :)

anyone on here considering going to Herron (for any field of study)?  if their program was three years (like IUB) i'd probably accept today just to stop this horrible limbo and be able to plan for the fall, but i'm still holding out hope for a space to open at IUB.

any thoughts on a 3 year program versus a 2 year program?  i know that 3 year programs are becoming more and more rare, unfortunately.  i would love the extra time to get into textiles and sculpture (mainly plastics/resin).  if i'm in a two year program i feel i have to be extremely focused on just printmaking and almost immediately have to be working on my thesis exhibition instead of exploring new areas that could greatly enhance my work. 

Has anyone heard ANY results (including waitlisting and interviews) for the painting/drawing programs at:

Arizona State, U. Iowa, Herron, or U. Oregon?

Edited by Josholas

anyone on here considering going to Herron (for any field of study)?  if their program was three years (like IUB) i'd probably accept today just to stop this horrible limbo and be able to plan for the fall, but i'm still holding out hope for a space to open at IUB.

any thoughts on a 3 year program versus a 2 year program?  i know that 3 year programs are becoming more and more rare, unfortunately.  i would love the extra time to get into textiles and sculpture (mainly plastics/resin).  if i'm in a two year program i feel i have to be extremely focused on just printmaking and almost immediately have to be working on my thesis exhibition instead of exploring new areas that could greatly enhance my work. 

Oh Emoree, my sentiments exactly. I've been accepted to Herron for a program and I've received fee remission... BUT I am still holding out for IUB- not a word from them at all about anything-no waitlisting, no rejection, NOTHING. Im so frustrated because I really really love IUB's MFA programs. The quality of students are just excellent and I wouldn't have to commute.

Broke down and called UC Irvine. Supposedly they haven't finalized their decisions- but expect to notify early next week. Since they interviewed already I won't be waiting on the edge of my seat...I'm going to cross them off my list.

Also called RISD, since they didn't interview either- I just wanted closure...the lady was like - we have the names of the admits and you aren't one of them- so... She was probably surprised by how happy I sounded to get an answer.

I'm just glad the waiting is over! I might celebrate :)

Now, to accept or try again... I learned a lot these last few months.

Edited by hopingforthebest

Guys, thismessageispaidforby... has been temporarily suspended for using offensive language. I hope everyone else can stay civilized. I don't enjoy using such strong interference in threads but this was getting excessive.

Thanks for that! All those posts were so over the top/extreme.

Got an official rejection from Cornell today, that just leaves VCU and since I was not interviewed, I can most assuredly write them off. So rejections all around!! Oh well, life goes on. 

Hey you... :)

Just wanted to encourage you to look up Deb Sokolow's work. She started out doing these idiosyncratic, Darger-esque illustrations and long explanations/stories to go with them about her imagined worlds and conspiracy theories. But, beyond the 2D work, she puts on really great performances that are informed by her maps and doodles and drawings. It lets you more into her intention and makes it more accessible. 

Edited by littlenova