MPH CANADA FALL 2013 APPLICANTS

mazylexsymi

Hi Guys,

I received an email from Lakehead on Monday evening stating that I was recommended for admission into their MPH program. The official offer of admission will be processed and mailed within 4-6 weeks.

Anyone else apply to Lakehead University?

Congrats to you! :)

Just received an unofficial acceptance e-mail from UBC! 

Anyone hear from any other schools yet?

Congrats, i applied to UNBC, SFU, and UVIC. I haven't heard from any of them.

Congrats ChiChi13 and thanks for all the replies! Also, has anyone heard about the guelph mph program? 

Anyone else hear back from MPH programs yet? :)

Did Guelph notify you to let you know if they received your application package at all?

Same for health promotion on all counts.  We do have more flexibility though (fewer required classes) and so can take things that allow for more 1-1 instruction (reading courses with 1 prof or independent research).

I found out about UBC last year on the last day of Feb.  They're the earliest I think.

I'm in UofT HP.  I found out last year in late March.  I got an entrance scholarship so presumably was among the first round of offers.

Agreed. UBC sends out first round unofficial acceptances as early as two weeks after the deadline (~Valentine's Day in 2012) so applicants should start to hear back soon. Good luck to all of you  :)

Did Guelph notify you to let you know if they received your application package at all?

I applied to Guelph as well. I actually just dropped off all my supporting documents and the place I went to drop them off looked like a shipping/receiving place so your documents should have made it there. 

Just received an unofficial acceptance e-mail from UBC! 

Anyone hear from any other schools yet?

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you have published any papers? I was told the UBC only looks at those who publish papers but I don't know if that is true.

Has anyone applied to UVIC? If so, has anyone had "Official Transcripts - Degree Awarded" added to the list of required documents?

Yeah. Official transcript and confirmation of degree has been added to my list of required documents 2 months ago. If you are having issue with that, please email the school asap. Goodluck!

I am kind of afraid for my english proficiency. UVIC required 6.5 minimum in IETLS, I had 7.0 but had 5 in my listening skill and it was the fault of my exam centre. I hope they overlook that and I get admitted.

I also dropped off my app in person on Friday. I got an email today from the graduate secretary confirming that it was received.

have handed in all the docs but from my understanding uvic only ask for official transcripts if u are offered admission so thats why I wasnt sure if it means u have been offered admission if they add that to the list after review. quote name="Cima" post="1057946099" timestamp="1362447064"]

Yeah. Official transcript and confirmation of degree has been added to my list of required documents 2 months ago. If you are having issue with that, please email the school asap. Goodluck!

I am kind of afraid for my english proficiency. UVIC required 6.5 minimum in IETLS, I had 7.0 but had 5 in my listening skill and it was the fault of my exam centre. I hope they overlook that and I get admitted.

Edited by AY21

have handed in all the docs but from my understanding uvic only ask for official transcripts if u are offered admission so thats why I wasnt sure if it means u have been offered admission if they add that to the list after review. quote name="Cima" post="1057946099" timestamp="1362447064"]

Anybody hear back from Waterloo?

I just received a phone call this afternoon from John Garcia at Waterloo that I've been recommended for admissions to the MPH program.  Further correspondence will come from the university in 4-6 weeks.

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you have published any papers? I was told the UBC only looks at those who publish papers but I don't know if that is true.

hey! i did not have any published papers just a couple of years of RA work and some public health research experience/ extracurriculars 

Got acceptance from SFU for Fall 2013 - MPH Global Health - they seem to be among the early ones!  Good luck!

Congrats. I haven't heard from them. Hoping for the best!

Got acceptance from SFU for Fall 2013 - MPH Global Health - they seem to be among the early ones!  Good luck!

Hello, please what date did you get your acceptance?

Also has anyone else heard from SFU, whether acceptance, rejection, or waitlist?  Am even more anxious now.

So glad to stumble across this forum!

I have applied for U of A, UBC and U of T for the 2013 fall semester and am anxiously awaiting to see if I will be accepted to any.  I have a bit of experience in public health but mostly through physical activity/sport since I am a BKIN grad from UBC.  I feel as though my GPA is borderline so I am not sure if I fit into what the programs are looking for.  Please keep posting acceptance posts!! AH so nerveracking.  Anyone else applying from a Kinesiology background?    

I just received a phone call this afternoon from John Garcia at Waterloo that I've been recommended for admissions to the MPH program.  Further correspondence will come from the university in 4-6 weeks.

Congrats! Lucky you! I haven't heard anything :S. 

Hello, please what date did you get your acceptance?

Also has anyone else heard from SFU, whether acceptance, rejection, or waitlist?  Am even more anxious now.

I received my acceptance on Feb 15 but I believe it may have been early admission.  Best of luck to you!