Post here once you've decided

PETRAL6

Hey thought it might be neat to see where people have decided to go. I am 99% sure I'm going to U Chicago for Biopsychology. Its a great offer and the only offer I've gotten so far and a great school. I have already started looking for places to move in May or June with a friend who is going to a school in Chicago as well, but have not gotten up the nerve to check the box and send it in yet.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm 99% sure I'm off to Boston College for M.A. Mental Health Counseling which I consider a precursor to their PhD in Counseling Psych. Booking airline tickets for their open house in late April, and am told that funding will happen. I'm pretty stoked, good school, good town. I LOVE Boston and can't wait to get up there on the permanent and to get started.

To the person who mentioned that it's daunting finding housing in Chi-town, same here with Boston. I'm sure we'll do ok, though. To the Northeaster M.A. know where you're gonna live yet? I'm thinking Brighton or preferably Brookline. I was told to avoid Allston if at all possible since it's a undergrad slum with far too many absentee landlords.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I'm headed to UCLA for cognitive psychology! =)

I was at that open house :) It seemed like a very cool program, I hope it turns out well for you! Who will you be working with?

I'm off to Yale neuroscience, and while a bunch of the other students and faculty do cellular/molecular type stuff, I will be doing firmly cognitive neuroscience.

I was at that open house :) It seemed like a very cool program, I hope it turns out well for you! Who will you be working with?

I'm off to Yale neuroscience, and while a bunch of the other students and faculty do cellular/molecular type stuff, I will be doing firmly cognitive neuroscience.

Thanks! I wasn't able to make the weekend, but what I've heard from various people has all been positive. We're meant to keep an open mind about advisors when we go in but I'll most likely be working in the Bjork lab (learning and memory). Congrats on Yale - it sounds like a fantastic program!