Post here once you've decided

PETRAL6

Thanks! I wasn't able to make the weekend, but what I've heard from various people has all been positive. We're meant to keep an open mind about advisors when we go in but I'll most likely be working in the Bjork lab (learning and memory). Congrats on Yale - it sounds like a fantastic program!

Random, but ... my master's thesis is based off of Kornell & Bjork's 2008 article (enemy of induction). Congrats on getting in! Bjork is one of the Kings in the spacing literature.

By the way, did you graduate from Villanova? [Mike???]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random, but ... my master's thesis is based off of Kornell & Bjork's 2008 article (enemy of induction). Congrats on getting in! Bjork is one of the Kings in the spacing literature.

By the way, did you graduate from Villanova? [Mike???]

Haha, hi Amy. :) (My lab-mate Joe pointed this message out to me...)

(And, hi highhopes--I'm also going to UCLA in the fall, presumably in either the Bjork lab or Alan Castel's lab...)

Headed to the Ohio State University. Cognitive Area!

Work will be on attention, memory, language performance, etc. Prospective adviser young, resourceful and extremely friendly! I think I made the right decision.

Thanks to everybody here for all the advice offered, for sharing your experiences, etc. Good luck everybody, hope we all make the right decision!

Congrats on the decision!

Thanks! :) I'm a litle apprehensive about the coursework. I have zero background in psychology (other than an introductory course during my undergrad). I hope they all start at basic enough levels. I'm a quick learner though, hope it turns out well. http://cog.psy.ohio-state.edu/documents ... ochure.pdf

I was recruited mainly because of my interest and experience with certain concepts in physics (nonlinear dynamics, chaos, fractals, etc) because my prospective adviser uses a lot of that in his work (on memory, attention, language performance, etc)

I will go to Ohio U (decision making and quantitative psychology)

I was put on the waiting list of another school for almost one month and then got rejected but I am still happy I can pursue further research in the field I am interested in

Haha, hi Amy. :) (My lab-mate Joe pointed this message out to me...)

(And, hi highhopes--I'm also going to UCLA in the fall, presumably in either the Bjork lab or Alan Castel's lab...)

Mike!!

I was going to slap you if you didn't go to UCLA. Congrats! And congrats to our paper (mainly yours) which will shortly be in press in JEP! I promised my mom I would print the article out and explain it to her. Looks like I'm headed to U Michigan - Joint PhD in Psychology & Women's Studies.

University of Michigan Cognition & Perception, but I'll also be working with faculty in social.

I was going to slap you if you didn't go to UCLA. Congrats! And congrats to our paper (mainly yours) which will shortly be in press in JEP! I promised my mom I would print the article out and explain it to her. Looks like I'm headed to U Michigan - Joint PhD in Psychology & Women's Studies.

ammo1, drop me a pm if you're interested in taking about the program at all. I'd be interested in hearing your perspective from when you were out there.

Wow, another UMich! Combined program in Psychology & Education :)