NDSEG Fellowship 2012-2013

InquilineKea

yeah, FrankForum. you're being a pretty selfish and downright asshole with those comments. maybe you should just chill out until you hear back from the fellowship definitively. otherwise you're just being a nuisance on this forum.

May I suggest some yoga and a nice cup of decaf coffee to relax.  Maybe a massage,

Good luck winning the reward, but if you win I hope you represent the NDSEG better than this with more respect for others.

No I am glad that it is after the GRFP date.  Some people applied to both and by accepting the GRFP maybe they have to declien this one.  I only applied to this one so maybe my chances are slightly better.

When is that date?

I like your logic Frank, it gives me hope :)

So still no word from anybody?

Nada. Last day before the NSF deadline too. I'll probably wait till after lunch and if I don't hear anything will take it and remove myself from the NDSEG running if I'm even still in it.

Edited by hungry

May I suggest some yoga and a nice cup of decaf coffee to relax. Maybe a massage,

Good luck winning the reward, but if you win I hope you represent the NDSEG better than this with more respect for others.

for the record, i didn't "win" the fellowship, i was offered it. it's a privilege, not a competition. maybe you should get that straight first if you ever hope to get one in the future.

for the record, i didn't "win" the fellowship, i was offered it. it's a privilege, not a competition. maybe you should get that straight first if you ever hope to get one in the future.

No, fmrp,. The fellowship application IS a competition --- your application is judged based on the overall merit not just of your past academic performance, but also of how you articulated IN your essays your future goals and how well they fit in with the missions of the organization (NDSEG, NSF, etc.). Also, do us a favor and don't pretend to be an expert on who gets awarded these fellowships and who does not. Whether you say you "won" the fellowship or you were "offered" it DOES NOT MAKE A GODDAMN DIFFERENCE on your likelihood of being awarded it. You've contributed jack shit to this forum thus far, and with your unwarranted sense of knowledge and superiority, I doubt you'll contribute much more to science, or whatever your field of interest is.

Same here. I think I'm just going to accept now and be done with it. I really wanted the best package possible but with the ability to shift around the funding years...