CSU'S: Fall 2013

soy

Have you heard from UCB or SFSU?

I got into SFSU (for Title IV-E...seems like they move faster than the regular program). Haven't heard from Berkeley yet.

Hi all, 

Okay guys, i am in a bad admission situation. I am an international student, so GRE plays a major role in it. Unfortunately, because of the late decision and lack of time, i got a very low score of 286, I have applied by far only 4 colleges,SJSU,SFSU, CSUEB and SCU.

Other info is TOEFL - 89, GPA-3/4. So my exceptions are zero for SJSU ans SFSU. CSUEB and Santa clara university have mentioned GRE is not required, so I have my hopes cling to it. Waiting for the admission decision. 

Any advice for me? Anyone in similar situation?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else who applied/applying late? 

Some CSU's still have their applications open and I thought I might as well try...

Does this affect chances of being accepted?

Edited by mswcmh

• 3 weeks later...

I was just accepted into CSULB today. I received an email a couple of weeks ago which indicated that I was pending for admission. I called today and spoke to the person who sent me the email and she basically gave me a short over the phone interview. After the breif interview, she admitted me into the program. An official letter will be sent to me sometime this week. I recommend that others who are pending admission call the person who sent you the email and speak to them as well.

Here's my current CSU info for those who are interested:
I was admitted into CSU San Bernandino on Monday (received a letter via snail mail), and was invited to CSUN for an interview this Friday (received an email from Tiffany last week).  Still on the CSULB wait list though have not heard anything since March from them.  I was invited to interview at CSUF a few weeks ago but did not go to the interview.  I have not heard a peep out of CSULA.  I was admitted to CSUDH in March. 

I was accepted to UCLA and am going to attend their program in the fall.

Seems like CSUs are still wading through apps and filling slots so for those still waiting don't give up hope yet but be prepared to reapply for Fall 2014.   Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum (yay) and am very excited to say I was accepted into the CSULB program last Friday. I hope to see a few of you at the orientation this upcoming Saturday. I'll be flying from the San Fran back down to LA (where I'm from) for the weekend.

Anyone else who applied/applying late?

Some CSU's still have their applications open and I thought I might as well try...

Does this affect chances of being accepted?

I applied late as well, but received the university email that they were reviewing my application. I think it depends on how many spots are open left if the school is on a rolling admission. I was told by the admissions and department staff that late apps are common, but that means more applicants to review for them. Good luck!

Edited by Cnguyen125