Stanford '09

Hevan24

Hi,

Has anyone started applying for graduate housing? The brochure mentions that first year housing for grads is guaranteed if we apply before the May 7th deadline; but the Axess portal's housing section isn't working for me. (Although I've registered with a SUNet ID and all that jazz).

Just wanted to find out what's up with others who are headed to Stanford, and want on-campus housing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone started applying for graduate housing? The brochure mentions that first year housing for grads is guaranteed if we apply before the May 7th deadline; but the Axess portal's housing section isn't working for me. (Although I've registered with a SUNet ID and all that jazz).

I don't think the applications are open yet. I believe they open on April 20th, but you can double check on the housing website.

"Rumour has it"? There is a definite date. I just checked--it's April 22nd.

I guess they updated the website. When I looked there wasn't a specific date. I heard that it was around that date last year and so I made the wrong inference. My appologies.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to attend the PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium in the fall!

Is anyone looking for (non-Stanford affiliated) off-campus housing? Or know what the URL is for the Stanford site for classifieds/roommate searches? I came across it earlier but can't seem to locate it now...

@ Locrytham (sorry if I got that wrong)

You should also try the Community Housing service offered by Stanford..If you don't already know, the link is somewhere on their Housing and Dining site. A few seniors of mine have told me that it's actually a pretty good resource for off-campus housing

@ Locrytham (sorry if I got that wrong)

You should also try the Community Housing service offered by Stanford..If you don't already know, the link is somewhere on their Housing and Dining site. A few seniors of mine have told me that it's actually a pretty good resource for off-campus housing

I second this. Looks like the SUPost list has mostly summer sublets right now whereas the CHS listings have a wider range of places--apartments, condos etc.

EV 3BR/Triple occupancy. Not exactly what I wanted :cry: There's an option to join a waitlist if you're not satisfied with your assignment - you can try for a better option during the second lottery while retaining the current assignment. I'm gonna apply for it anyway; just wanted to know if you guys think its effective? I mean has anyone ever gotten a better assignment through the 2nd lottery? Like I said I'm applying anyway, but just curious...

EV 3BR/Triple occupancy. Not exactly what I wanted :cry: There's an option to join a waitlist if you're not satisfied with your assignment - you can try for a better option during the second lottery while retaining the current assignment. I'm gonna apply for it anyway; just wanted to know if you guys think its effective? I mean has anyone ever gotten a better assignment through the 2nd lottery? Like I said I'm applying anyway, but just curious...

I don't know about a better assignment--and this is an undergrad datum--but I live in a middle-desirability house on campus right now and plenty of people have been reassigned into this house. Some people with great assignments will end up canceling them for whatever reason, so you definitely have a shot.

Just make sure, as they say, that you only list places you really want to be reassigned to...because the existing assignment is canceled automatically if they can reassign you.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use