March is here. What schools will notify this upcoming week?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on.... Georgetown MSFS, SIPA MPA, and GSPP. However, SIPA and GSPP will only begin to notify. In past years, their acceptance/rejection/waitlist notification process took several weeks. Which will be miserable for those who see posts here on Grad Cafe but haven't heard anything themselves. If that is the case, you shouldn't despair, these schools just take a few weeks to get to everyone, for whatever reason...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

If GSPP starts notifying this week, it probably won't be until Thursday/Friday. Something tells me they'll start the week after, though, due to the increase in apps this year (this is based on nothing but intuition).

I expect to hear from LBJ, USC, and NYU this week.

You may be right about GSPP, not only because of rise in apps (By the way, does anyone have any idea what the extent of the rise was at GSPP or others? I know KSG reported 35% jump for MPP), but also because of the CA budget crisis which may affect their funding and other aspects of the decision-making process.

My money is on.... Georgetown MSFS, SIPA MPA, and GSPP. However, SIPA and GSPP will only begin to notify. In past years, their acceptance/rejection/waitlist notification process took several weeks. Which will be miserable for those who see posts here on Grad Cafe but haven't heard anything themselves. If that is the case, you shouldn't despair, these schools just take a few weeks to get to everyone, for whatever reason...

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

I don't think SIPA will notify this week. They keep saying mid March, so I am planning for next week. Also they claim to send out 80% of admit responses on the same day. So the only ones I see being dragged out are the people on the waitlist.

Georgetown Public Policy was weeks ago, not SFS. With respect to SIPA, I base my assertion on last year when people started posting acceptances March 4 and continued to post that they were receiving acceptances well into Mid-March. Also, the blog has referred to "early March" several times.

With respect to SIPA, I base my assertion on last year when people started posting acceptances March 4 and continued to post that they were receiving acceptances well into Mid-March. Also, the blog has referred to "early March" several times.

I agree. Last year, the deadline was January 4th, and the first results showed up on March 4th, so I'd expect that they'll likely start sending out decisions anytime from Wednesday forward.

But who knows, with the weather in the Northeast today, I wouldn't be surprised if the process gets delayed a day or two.

I just got an e-mail saying I've been admitted to GPPI. Georgetown, apparently, is still sending out acceptances. Good news for those still waiting, and perhaps a partial explanation for the funding info delays.

Now please, WWS, please...

Anyone here apply to Yale MA IR? Think it will notify this week? The results page from previous years seems to suggest this could be a good time coming up...

I did! *fingers crossed*

That will be me when people start posting Berkeley admits and I haven't heard yet.

DITTO. can't stop checking the boards for gspp notifications, but feel my stomach drop every time i see something that looks like it could be an acceptance post.