March is here. What schools will notify this upcoming week?

Mega congrats Cornell07!! Fantastic news!!! Time to have fun! Any funding??

They will tell me later. It was a very short letter.

I am delighted to inform you that you have been selected for admission as a student in the International Relations Program beginning with the 2009-2010 academic year. Your selection is a recognition by the Faculty of your accomplishments and, especially, of your promise as a scholar and a researcher.

A letter containing the details of our offer has been sent to you via first class mail. You should receive this letter within 5 business days. If, after this period, you have not received your offer letter, please contact us at 203-***-****.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Cornell... looks like an auspicious start to the admissions season for you. The Yale program might be particularly well-suited to your interests due to its more academic approach to the subject. Good luck with the funding letter.... now the difficult wait truly begins.

Fletcher seems to be nearing the end of its admissions process (according to its admissions blog), with decisions apparently made and final documents being prepared to notify applicants. The results from last year could suggest that decisions might be coming by e-mail at the end of this upcoming week. HKS, WWS, and Fletcher all on the same day, Friday the 13th?!

Yikes, all of those decisions on one day and two Friday the 13ths in a row. No pressure anyone!

It's gonna be an exciting day! Just for the thrill of it all, I think I will keep away from the internet all day and check things out on Saturday. :lol:

Plate, I second therunaround's comments. With so many great applicants, I think admission for many (most) of us comes down to that little something in our applications, that little something that might appeal to an adcom member at HKS while being irrelevant to GSPP's adcom.

At this point, I am just glad it will be all over (I hope!) on Friday. My family and friends are also ready for this to be all over. :wink:

Considering the dire scenarios that were being painted a few weeks ago (record number of applicants, plunging endowments, etc...), I think many of us can now breathe a sigh of relief. And, let's hope that on Friday some (most or all) of us will be again pleasantly surprised.

Plate, don't give up yet! I completely agree with runaround and linden's comments, just because you got a rejection from GSPP doesn't mean you will get another. One more point to prove this, the applications were completely different. HKS & WWS have more essays, highlighting the fact that they have a different admissions process and criteria. Plus, they will have a better picture of all your great qualities. I also got a rejection from GSPP but am still hoping to get into HKS (I didn't apply to WWS) with funding!

I agree as well. There seems to be a part of the admissions process that is completely random. For example, one friend of mine got into Harvard's MPA/ID program but was rejected from Georgetown. Another friend got into WWS but was rejected from HKS. (They applied in different years.)

According to Tufts Fletcher School admissions blog they're getting ready to upload decisions to the website. No word on when that will actually be done and people can access their results, but I would think by the end of this week or early next week (hopefully). It also said to find your log in info that was sent after you submitted in your application and it was uploaded (from a few days after you submitted it). If you can't find it check the blog an there's a link that will help you get it. Good luck everyone!

I'm going to add more fuel to the fire.

Last year WWS notified admits on the Wednesday the 12th and rejects on Friday the 14th. If the same pattern holds for this year, we will hear on Wednesday the 11th if we're in and Friday the 13th if we're out. I also think the message on the website hints at this. The overwhelming majority of candidates will be rejected, so it doesn't make too much sense to announce a date that applies to only 10-15% of those interested.

The mean thing about that is you know you didn't get in if you don't hear Wednesday, but you haven't heard that your not in, so you're holding out hope even though you know you didn't get in.

No sweat folks. If you don't get your acceptance on Wednsesday, then it means you will be waitlisted on Thursday :twisted:

seriously younglions, your post has me all agitated too. i wasn't planning to obsessively check email until friday. :P I just started a new princeton thread so that we can concentrate our anxiety in one place. i'm guessing at least a couple of people on this board will get in, it's going to be crazy exciting to see who it is!

seriously younglions, your post has me all agitated too. i wasn't planning to obsessively check email until friday. :P I just started a new princeton thread so that we can concentrate our anxiety in one place. i'm guessing at least a couple of people on this board will get in, it's going to be crazy exciting to see who it is!

I think so too. I think everyone is too modest to give themselves a chance, but there are quite a few people on here who have a good shot. If you have a GPA of 3.8 or above, GRE of 650V/700Q or above, 2-3+ years of relevant, impressive work experience, and did a good job with your essays, it seems to me like you'd have as good of a shot as anyone. This profile seems to describe quite a few of you. And if you have a good shot at WWS, you have a good shot anywhere.

I just hope that those who do get in will share the good news with us!

I think so too. I think everyone is too modest to give themselves a chance, but there are quite a few people on here who have a good shot. If you have a GPA of 3.8 or above, GRE of 650V/700Q or above, 2-3+ years of relevant, impressive work experience, and did a good job with your essays, it seems to me like you'd have as good of a shot as anyone. This profile seems to describe quite a few of you. And if you have a good shot at WWS, you have a good shot anywhere.

I just hope that those who do get in will share the good news with us!

My general feeling is that the admissions officers at WWS probably focus mostly on the intangibles when putting together their class. I think the numbers matter insofar as they show you can do the work. But once that's established they probably turn their attention to finding people who can bring in a unique or atypical experience. I remember watching a video on their website from the head of admissions. He said that first they figure out if the person can do the work. It usually ends up in a 75%/25%, and then they turn their attention to the 75% and try to ascertain their commitment to public service.

I'll try to find the video. No luck so far.

Edit: Found it. http://wws.princeton.edu/coverstories/t ... terview08/

Cross-posting to WWS thread.

For GWU applicants, I was wondering when GWU started notifying, and how. Also, has CMU-Heinz began notifying as well?

I'm wondering this too about GWU since I don't have as much info about it as I do the other schools. I'm also wondering if anyone knows about when BU's IR program will begin notifying people, since I haven't heard anything from them yet either.

For GWU applicants, I was wondering when GWU started notifying, and how. Also, has CMU-Heinz began notifying as well?

I got my email on February 13th for GW, however, I think some people heard on the 4th-5th.....don't give up hope yet though, they will still admit more people as it was only their financial priority deadline in February. Their regular deadline is much later; so that means they have to accept a lot more :)