March is here. What schools will notify this upcoming week?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a tidbit from the SIPA website....

"Yes, admission decisions will start to be made available on the application Web site later this week. An email is sent to an applicant when their decision is ready to be viewed. Thus you will know a decision has been made when you receive an email from us.

However, not all decisions go out at one time. A file may go through several steps of review but we do not wait until 100% of the decisions are made to start posting notifications to the application site. This means some decisions will not be posted this week. If I had to guess I would say that we will have just over half of our decisions will be posted by the end of this week."

I saw a Georgetown MSFS Acceptance posted this morning. Now I'm nervous as hell.......

No need to worry. I called the office, they said that notifications have not gone out yet, and that we should know by April 1st.

My guess is that it was either fake or it should have been GPPI.

That or the person lied to me. Who knows.

Last year, it appears that Yale rejections for their IR program went out on the first Wed. of March and the acceptances went out on Friday. Food for thought.

Catherine at GWU said some people should be having their status updated on applyyourself in the next couple of days. She told me that I was waitlisted at the same time so that was no good.

I really thought I would have already heard from several schools this week. I just need one decision before I leave for vacation to satiate my appetite for information! Harvard has indicated their decisions will be coming out later than usual due to the rise in applications and perhaps other programs are in a similar position. All of that amounts to more waiting for us!

I really thought I would have already heard from several schools this week. I just need one decision before I leave for vacation to satiate my appetite for information! Harvard has indicated their decisions will be coming out later than usual due to the rise in applications and perhaps other programs are in a similar position. All of that amounts to more waiting for us!

Seriously. I am so tired of waiting. I'm so over it.

I just found out today that I got into the MPA program at the London School of Economics. Yikes! I didn't think I was going to get in... now that the possibility of going to London there I'm starting to think about it. lol. Any thoughts on LSE? Seems like it would be a really neat opportunity.

I just found out today that I got into the MPA program at the London School of Economics. Yikes! I didn't think I was going to get in... now that the possibility of going to London there I'm starting to think about it. lol. Any thoughts on LSE? Seems like it would be a really neat opportunity.

Wow. Congrats! That would be a really exciting opportunity!

Three years ago I was also accepted into LSEs MPA program (Public and Economic Policy).

I love the program's curriculum and the idea of living two years in London. Ultimately, I decided not to go because the offer was without financial support, London's high cost of living, and LSE's lack of an active and strong stateside alumni network. In short, it was just too risky. I also got accepted into a nice Peace Corps assignment at the same time and decided it was the better alternative.

Anyways, congratulations on the acceptance! It's a great program, and if you're not too risk averse, it's something that you should seriously consider.

Have you been to LSE before? I checked out the "campus" a few years back, and it's nice, but very urban. Literally just buildings and some benches in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in the world.

Policy Applicant,

Sweet deal on USC. I've spent a ton of time around there and the program has some great city/county government ties.

Did you see the UCLA MPP response on the board. Looked like things are starting to go out via snailmail (!!!!). I checked my status today (don't ask me why they're the only school that doesn't do applyyourself or something like that...) and didn't see anything up yet.

UCLA has a couple fully funded options that would really make it a tough call for me. But again, lets not put the cart before the horse. Congrats on USC.

Policy Applicant,

Sweet deal on USC. I've spent a ton of time around there and the program has some great city/county government ties.

Did you see the UCLA MPP response on the board. Looked like things are starting to go out via snailmail (!!!!). I checked my status today (don't ask me why they're the only school that doesn't do applyyourself or something like that...) and didn't see anything up yet.

UCLA has a couple fully funded options that would really make it a tough call for me. But again, lets not put the cart before the horse. Congrats on USC.

I saw that, and someone else said they received their decision a week ago. We should hear soon...

I don't know anything about LSE's MPA program, but I studied abroad there for year and I loved it. The school has an urban campus because it's smack dab in the middle of the city -- which I loved.

With that said, I wasn't too fond of the teaching style. I graduated from a liberal arts college, so I'm used to small classes taught by the professor and professors being available for office hours. At LSE, courses had two sections: a lecture taught by the professor and smaller class sections led by a PhD student. I found that most of my "learning" occurred in the classes, not necessarily the lectures. I was in the economic department, so this may be different for the MPA program. Also of note is that you're going to be in a masters program. I was there as an undergraduate.

LSE is a great school in a great location, and academically - I think it can hold its own. Congratulations on getting in!

I don't know anything about LSE's MPA program, but I studied abroad there for year and I loved it. The school has an urban campus because it's smack dab in the middle of the city -- which I loved.

With that said, I wasn't too fond of the teaching style. I graduated from a liberal arts college, so I'm used to small classes taught by the professor and professors being available for office hours. At LSE, courses had two sections: a lecture taught by the professor and smaller class sections led by a PhD student. I found that most of my "learning" occurred in the classes, not necessarily the lectures. I was in the economic department, so this may be different for the MPA program. Also of note is that you're going to be in a masters program. I was there as an undergraduate.

LSE is a great school in a great location, and academically - I think it can hold its own. Congratulations on getting in!

Thanks :) I'm really interested in the program. However, living in London is really expensive and I apparently didn't qualify for their "need-based" aid. I wonder how broke you have to be??? :wink: