March is here. What schools will notify this upcoming week?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I guess the site must have crashed because we've all been refreshing it frantically all night! Oh well...maybe tomorrow...or Monday I suppose. My name is near the end of the alphabet and I'm not expecting to get in, so most likely Monday. Good luck guys!

• 1 year later...

It's crazy that after all the stress of waiting I heard from 5 schools within a week.....an acceptance into a top choice, 3 more acceptance, then a waitlist, then a rejection. I can't even imagine the stress if it had been the other way around.....

That being said, has anyone heard from SIS? I applied for regional studies (russia and central eurasia). I also don't know how to log into the system. I got an email saying they'd received my application, etc, but apparently there were two different electronic systems this year as they switched to a newer platform...and the newer one doesn't recognize my information. Does American U at least send out hard copies?

Also, anyone else applying abroad? How are you handling the different admission notification periods?

It's crazy that after all the stress of waiting I heard from 5 schools within a week.....an acceptance into a top choice, 3 more acceptance, then a waitlist, then a rejection. I can't even imagine the stress if it had been the other way around.....

That being said, has anyone heard from SIS? I applied for regional studies (russia and central eurasia). I also don't know how to log into the system. I got an email saying they'd received my application, etc, but apparently there were two different electronic systems this year as they switched to a newer platform...and the newer one doesn't recognize my information. Does American U at least send out hard copies?

Also, anyone else applying abroad? How are you handling the different admission notification periods?

I also applied abroad and the different notification cycles are indeed frustrating. I applied to UPEACE in Costa Rica, which initially said they would notify in Mar. but then extended both their application and notification deadline ... my plan is to contact them and explain my situation, and hope they are responsive. That's basically what I did for my other international application, Leeds University, and it worked out fine (accepted this week). I am also waiting to hear back from SIS ... they said they would notify by end of the month at the latest and have already started sending out results. It appears that they send hard copies exclusively (no email or web notification).