Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

how many ppl had turned up for the Caltech interview?Have all the final acceptance ofers to the CNS program been sent out?

I dont know yet if all of final acceptance have been sent out...Some of us did get the acceptance, but others have not received anything, not even a rejection letter.

Anyone that went to the 1/31-2/2 interview hear back from Emory yet? 

I'm at the second recruitment weekend now and they've said that 11 acceptances went out after the first weekend. I believe there are 19 of us and 6ish international coming after. Adcom will meet on Monday for the second round of invites. Good luck everyone!

I'm sure that's not all of the invites for the first group. I would imagine they wait to have all the information before sending out the full list. Don't give up hope!

Accepted to Duke Neurobiology!  For those of you who might still be waiting, one of the faculty I met with e-mailed me and asked for a good time and number to call, then called me shortly afterwards to tell me the news! 

@stmwap: Do you know when the official offer letter will come? One of the faculty phoned me that they recommended me to the dean for Duke Neurobiology admission. Is that an oral offer and means I can go to my dream school Duke now?

Hi everybody, I've already got three offers from UMDNJ Biomedical Sciences (going to be Rutgers Biomedical sciences effective July 1), Drexel Neuroscience and CUNY Biology. CUNY is kinda my back up school so I am trying to decide between Drexel and UMDNJ.  Any idea about the two programs?

Also, did anyone apply to SUNY Downstate Neural and Behavioral Sciences? Anyone heard back?

Mmkay. I've heard back from everywhere so I can freak out less and leave the forum. G'luck to everyone with remaining interviews.

I never listed this, but:

No interview: Stanford, Yale

Rejected post-interview: Harvard

Accepted: WashU, Penn, UCSF

Going to: UCSF [bMS (Neurobiology), not neuroscience, but I'll probs be taking classes with and going to talks with you neuro people]

Has anyone heard back from Vanderbilt's NGP yet? It's been almost a month since the interview, hasn't heard anything back from them yet , I'm so worried right now........ :(

Congrats on the interview! From what I've gathered on this thread, most people haven't even heard about interviews from the NGP (including myself). About 3 weeks ago someone had contacted the department about when interview invites would be going out and they were told that the department was still reviewing applications (no time frame was given), so maybe this is contributing to the long response time? Since then I haven't seen any other posts about interviews.

Good luck!

Edited by eecandz

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from UCLA since their second interview date is coming up in March.  I saw someone post that they were invited last week, but I also saw someone say that they received a rejection email and on the website.  That being said, I've heard nothing back yet and it still said my decision was pending on the decision link... so I am just wondering.  Thanks guys... any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I am completely in shock. I just got my first acceptance and it is to Emory! After getting rejection after rejection I never thought this would happen. It goes to show that just because some schools may not give you a chance, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

I am completely in shock. I just got my first acceptance and it is to Emory! After getting rejection after rejection I never thought this would happen. It goes to show that just because some schools may not give you a chance, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Congratulations!  That's great!  You must have done really well on your interview.   :)  

I got wait-listed. I'm not sure whether or not I should just accept Duke at this point or wait and see about Vandy and Emory.  I would be happy at any of the schools, I'm pretty sure.  Not even sure which one I would pick if I had all of them as options.  

Congratulations to both of you and those who got admissions to wherever you had applied! Now is a really tough time for those who are still waiting for decisions and/or preparing for interviews like me. Just hang in there and don't lose hope.