Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten invites so far! I am waiting still on Columbia, UCLA and UPenn (read on here that they will sent out more invites... Fingers crossed). It seems like most schools are closed until January? If so, I will have more waiting to look forward to...

Hi guys,

From my research of previous years results (I only have schools from my list...sorry), you guys should expect interview invitation in

Late December: Columbia, Princeton

Early January: Yale, NYU, Penn (from program coordinator, second invitations will be sent soon), 

Early to Mid January: Stanford

Mid to Late January: Caltech, Boston U

Throughout January and Febrary: MIT

Rolling (aka unexpected): WashU

Hope this helps.

@ak1921, are you the recipient of Samsung Scholarship?

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten invites so far! I am waiting still on Columbia, UCLA and UPenn (read on here that they will sent out more invites... Fingers crossed). It seems like most schools are closed until January? If so, I will have more waiting to look forward to...

I also haven't heard from Columbia and UCLA yet. UCSD, Yale, and Stanford, too. I know that they won't send anything until January, but it's totally ruining my holiday!! :(

Hi guys,

From my research of previous years results (I only have schools from my list...sorry), you guys should expect interview invitation in

Early January: Yale, NYU, Penn (from program coordinator, second invitations will be sent soon), 

Hope this helps.

Nope. but I am a US citizen. Think that helps a lot. Anyway, nice to meet Korean here :) Do we know each other??

Nope. but I am a US citizen. Think that helps a lot. Anyway, nice to meet Korean here :) Do we know each other??

I saw from your previous posts that you did undergrad and master's in Korea, so I assumed you are "traditional" Korean. Also, your impressive interview invite records made me think that you may have received that scholarship..Anyway, congratulations! You should be a highly qualified one, regardless of receiving the scholarship. Well, I am Korean (also Korean citizen), but went to Hopkins for undergrad and Penn for master's. Do you know someone on that track? :)

Congrats for you, too! I don't think your record is much different from mine. Actually, Hopkins and Penn seem much more impressive to me! I just asked that since neuro community is quite small in Korea and there's high chance that I might know someone in neuro track. But a wrong guess :)

Edited by ak1921

Hi guys,

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Do you know, by any chance, when Columbia's interview weekends usually are? 

@tifoz - Nope, I don't know of any invitations that Columbia has send out yet. UPenn is the one that's sent out some and apparently will send more in the future (thanks ryancho!). I hope Columbia invites soon and we both get it :)

@ak1921 - I feel the same way. My mind is constantly occupied by interviews, visits, schools, and what not! 

Thanks! Do you know, by any chance, when Columbia's interview weekends usually are? 

From results search section, it seems Columbia hosts interviews in Mid February. But I have no idea for this year :) Columbia seems to send invitations before January...Let's wait for a couple of days more!

Using a results search on Columbia neuroscience, over the past 4 years, 3 out of 4 years were before Christmas Eve (Dec 20, Dec 23/24, Dec 24/25) and the 4th showed Jan 7.

Wouldn't it be nice if the school published when their invites would be extended to the applicants........

@neuroendicrinology - I had misinterpreted your post & was concerned that maybe invited were sent out before xmas this year. For Columbia, I don't remember seeing multiple waves in the past. So missing the first wave, would logically mean, no invite at all. Thanks for the update.

Edited by tifoz

Is there anyone besides ak1921 who applied to Princeton and secured Interview?

I asked the coordinator whether all of the interview invites have been sent out, but she gave me a vague answer, saying that they are inviting on rolling bases.

@ak1921, could you do me a favor, and ask Princeton neuro program if the invitations are complete? I think they will be more willing to disclose those information to you :)

I asked the coordinator whether all of the interview invites have been sent out, but she gave me a vague answer, saying that they are inviting on rolling bases.

@ak1921, could you do me a favor, and ask Princeton neuro program if the invitations are complete? I think they will be more willing to disclose those information to you :)

I have an interview at Princeton. Nothing in the emailed letter mentions anything about how/if they plan on sending out future invites, but I haven't heard back about travel arrangements yet. I will be sure to post something or message you if I get the impression they are sending more out.

I have an interview at Princeton. Nothing in the emailed letter mentions anything about how/if they plan on sending out future invites, but I haven't heard back about travel arrangements yet. I will be sure to post something or message you if I get the impression they are sending more out.

Thanks, HS2013. 

Sorry, ak1921, now I read from one of your previous posts that you didn't apply to Princeton (correct?). My bad.

Sorry, I didn't apply to Princeton. Probably confused with HS2013? :) Among the schools left for me to hear from, Stanford and Yale are the ones we have in common. Anyway, I will update any info if I hear from them. Do you guys plan to attend all the interviews you got?

Edited by ak1921

Wow, I'm glad I found this! I have 6 interview so far; Cornell Neuro, BU PiBS, Weill Cornell Neuro, Tufts Neuro, Pitt neuro and hopkins pharm, but am still waiting on 6 and getting very nervous!  Things are starting to get complicated with my interview schedule too.  I just wish all the interview offers could come out together so I would have a better idea of which ones I want to accept.

Good luck everyone!! Hopefully we start hearing more now that the holidays are over. 

Wow, I'm glad I found this! I have 6 interview so far; Cornell Neuro, BU PiBS, Weill Cornell Neuro, Tufts Neuro, Pitt neuro and hopkins pharm, but am still waiting on 6 and getting very nervous!  Things are starting to get complicated with my interview schedule too.  I just wish all the interview offers could come out together so I would have a better idea of which ones I want to accept.

Good luck everyone!! Hopefully we start hearing more now that the holidays are over. 

I know what you mean, even if they all came out over two weeks it would be better.

I see there is an interview for columbia neuro up on the results page, anybody here get an invite yet?

I know what you mean, even if they all came out over two weeks it would be better.

I see there is an interview for columbia neuro up on the results page, anybody here get an invite yet?

I was also curious..Is there anyone heard from Columbia and NYU?

Welcome, and congrats on your achievement! 

About BU, what is PiBS? Is it different from Neuro program?

@ryancho - in the results postings, there are two postings from today. One Columbia Neuro and one NYU neuro.

Yes, but what he was asking is if there is any more verification or information.

If only one person posted from each school, then maybe that means they only sent out a few invites and are still going to send more?