Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

Congrats to nibblingsushi and ak1921 on your UCSF invites! I have to admit I'm pretty jealous. I just found out that one of my top professors of interest at Yale (Dr. Matthew State) is moving to UCSF this year to chair the psychiatry department. You guys can tell me all about how awesome UCSF is if we run into each other in Boston or Baltimore :)

Thanks! Congrats to you too!  I am sorry to hear that, What a bad timing.. But you could stil get a chance to talk to him if he hasn't moved to UCSF yet? We might think about bringing gradcafe name tags to the interview. We'll never recognize each other anyway  :D

Edited by ak1921

Thanks! Congrats to you too!  I am sorry to hear that, What a bad timing.. But you could stil get a chance to talk to him if he hasn't moved to UCSF yet? We might think about bringing gradcafe name tags to the interview. We'll never recognize each other anyway  :D

Hmmmm. Did you happen to join the Harvard Pin facebook group? If so, I MIGHT have some idea as to your identity...   :P

Edited by nibblingsushi

Hmmmm. Did you happen to join the Harvard Pin facebook group? If so, I MIGHT have some idea as to your identity...   :P

I also wanted to ask that! Yes, I'm there and it will be quite easy to find me because there will be only few (or only me?) Korean living outside the US. But It's unfair. I have no clue about others :(

Edited by ak1921

I really thought we'd see some action today but it seems pretty quiet. I guess maybe next week?   Anyone else interviewing at Emory Feb 14-16?
I will be, guess I will see you there! :) ------- Has anybody else received a request for Skype interview from Columbia Neurobiology and Behavior? I emailed a while ago to the coordinator to inquire about my status and got an email on Jan 2 that I have been selected for a Skype interview and will be contacted to schedule it (have not received this email though). I am happy and puzzled at the same time... I thought this may be their procedure for international students, even though it should be clear that I am currently studying in the US. It also may be some kind of pre-interview? I am not really sure, but definitely excited to have an opportunity,

I suppose I could request an interview with him, but that would probably reflect negatively on me since they made a point to let me know that he's moving away. It's too bad, I was really looking forward to possibly meeting him. 

I think I could recognize you from the Harvard PiN group :P

You can probably find me as well. I'm one of the Korean-Americans in the group. Do you want to stay in contact before the interviews? Just shoot me a message if you want my email address :)

Ah, some responses, but nothing more than a polite statement of excitement to meeting me during the interview weekend. 

Pretty much what I got too, but I don't know what I was expecting. 

I suppose I could request an interview with him, but that would probably reflect negatively on me since they made a point to let me know that he's moving away. It's too bad, I was really looking forward to possibly meeting him. 

I think I could recognize you from the Harvard PiN group :P

You can probably find me as well. I'm one of the Korean-Americans in the group. Do you want to stay in contact before the interviews? Just shoot me a message if you want my email address :)

Sure! Why not :) I was actually quite disappointed to find out that everyone's so silent in the facebook page. 

I see two Koreans in the group but have no idea who you are... How about you sending me a friend request ?

Is there any international student here, who has heard back from Columbia Neurobiology and Behavior program?

I am an international student in the US - I have heard from the program coordinator last week about a Skype interview... She said I would get an email from the director, but I haven't gotten that yet.

I am an international student in the US - I have heard from the program coordinator last week about a Skype interview... She said I would get an email from the director, but I haven't gotten that yet.

Awesome! Congrats! Hope that you hear back from them soon :)

Could I ask you UPenn interviewees a question?  When you got your email/call, how many dates did they list and which ones? I saw on cc that under interview dates, Penn has 1/18 and 2/8, but I was only informed about the latter. Thanks.

Could I ask you UPenn interviewees a question?  When you got your email/call, how many dates did they list and which ones? I saw on cc that under interview dates, Penn has 1/18 and 2/8, but I was only informed about the latter. Thanks.

I got an invite from them pretty early and they listed both dates (1/18 and 2/8).  When I was arranging things they wanted me to do the second weekend, so I assume you only heard about the second because the first one filled up.

On another note, hooray for my first official rejection!  UCSF

Hmm okay. Yah, I told the lady I was unable to attend and she said they couldn't arrange anything else. And also that if I couldn't attend, I would no longer be up for consideration. Oh well. :| . At least I got the invite? haha.

Is there any international student here, who has heard back from Columbia Neurobiology and Behavior program?

I am an international student and applied to Columbia. I didn't receive any response, emailed the coordinator, and they responded that all invitations are sent out, I am not granted the position for interview. They say they invited very few internationals, due to funding issues.