Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

I got my UVA interview invite and an OHSU rejection. Waiting on Washington (all the invites out yet?), Michigan St, Tulane, Stonybrook, Syracuse, UT Austin (all the invites out yet?), Colorado Boulder, Miami.

Hey, I see interviews for UC Davis and UCLA on the recent admissions page. Anyone else heard from these universities?

I was also curious... I searched UCLA in the results and only found one post from last year. Are they accepting only small number of students?

I was also curious... I searched UCLA in the results and only found one post from last year. Are they accepting only small number of students?

Based off this site (http://graduate-school.phds.org/rankings/neuroscience/program/ranking/ucla/88) UCLA has around 13 spots available.

I personally have not heard anything from UCLA or Stanford yet. 

Edited by nibblingsushi

Congrats nibblingsushi....you have an impressive set of interviews lined up. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from UCLA..was wondering whether they send out all the invitations at once? does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

My email did not mention whether or not the interview requests would be sent out all at the same time or over the course of the next few weeks. 

Edited by nibblingsushi

Does anyone know the official interview dates for UCSD and Stanford? College Confidential has them listed as Feb 27-28, Feb 28-Mar 1 for UCSD and Feb 27-Mar 3 for Stanford, which, if true, is completely screwed up
:angry:
Top schools should really coordinate more. Luckily, by writing this I have jinxed myself and will not get an invite to either one.

How many of you on this thread are current undergrads? I am having some anxiety about missing a tremendous number of classes.... Interviews are undoubtedly my highest priority, but I also do not want to fail classes in my last semester... 

Also, when is everybody's first interview?

I got my UVA interview invite and an OHSU rejection. Waiting on Washington (all the invites out yet?), Michigan St, Tulane, Stonybrook, Syracuse, UT Austin (all the invites out yet?), Colorado Boulder, Miami.

Is your interview next week? If so, see you there!

How many of you on this thread are current undergrads? I am having some anxiety about missing a tremendous number of classes.... Interviews are undoubtedly my highest priority, but I also do not want to fail classes in my last semester... Also, when is everybody's first interview?
Current undergrad here! I am a little nervous about missing classes, but fortunately I only have one class on Fridays. My first interview is next Friday, then the three following Fridays (as of now).

Current undergrad here! I am a little nervous about missing classes, but fortunately I only have one class on Fridays. My first interview is next Friday, then the three following Fridays (as of now).

That is great! Good luck on your 4 interviews as of now :)

I only have one class on Fridays too, but all my interviews require me to at least leave on Thursday if not Wednesday... I have multiple classes on Thursday that are strongly dependent on participation :/

That is great! Good luck on your 4 interviews as of now :)

I only have one class on Fridays too, but all my interviews require me to at least leave on Thursday if not Wednesday... I have multiple classes on Thursday that are strongly dependent on participation :/

Thanks!  Are you going to all 8 of your interviews?  I can see how that could be stressful!  Just let your professors know now; I'm sure they will understand and not count it against you.

My interviews require me to leave Thursday, except for one which requires me to leave on Wednesday, but for those that require me to leave on Thursday, I was planning on leaving after all of my classes for the day.

i have a feeling I'd be fired if I went to interviews 4 fridays in a row! And yup, headed to UVA in a week! See you there :D Hope we both do well. 

Edited by NeuroTU

Hi! I'm new to this forum. Congratulations to everyone for the interviews! Unfortunately, I have not heard anything (good or bad) yet. I don't think UCSD, UCLA, or Rockefeller has sent out all of the invites, but do you guys know if NYU Neural Science, BU, or Brown has notified applicants yet?

Hi! I'm new to this forum. Congratulations to everyone for the interviews! Unfortunately, I have not heard anything (good or bad) yet. I don't think UCSD, UCLA, or Rockefeller has sent out all of the invites, but do you guys know if NYU Neural Science, BU, or Brown has notified applicants yet?

According to the "results search" tab- it seems that Brown has sent out their invitation requests already. 

Welcome. I am also waiting for NYU (CNS) and BU. It seems NYU started sending invites, but I don't know if they are finished inviting. I emailed them, but received no response. According to previous years, BU usually invites people in late January. 

@ Ryancho. Hey, sorry for the late reply. Wait, I'll paste Bob's reply.

"

Hello,

Applications are divided and reviewed based on your area of interests.  To the best of my knowledge the area that you applied to has concluded their review and has sent out all invitations, and unfortunately they were not able to extend an invitation to you at this time.  However, no final decision can be made until the end of March so you can expect a decision by then.

Best of luck,"

So I don't know. Maybe he was talking about my primary interest - Cell and Molecular Neuroscience?

In any way, congrats on U Penn!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.  Congrats to everyone on the interviews.  So far I've heard from 4 of 9 programs (interviews at NYU neuroscience and physiology, Columbia, JHU, and UT Austin).  Still waiting on UCSD, MIT, BU, UCLA, and University of Chicago.  It sounds like BU and UCSD haven't sent requests and i've seen all the talk about MIT.  Anyone on here applying to the behavioral neuroscience UCLA program or integrative neuroscience at the University of Chicago?

Thanks and good luck to everyone

@stmwap - I think I am going to 6, and 7 if Columbia decides to invite me after that pre-Skype thing. I think most of my profs are understanding, but one is quite puzzled at why I need to go on so many interviews (I have a 2nd major that not in the Sciences).

@NeuroTU - That is exactly what I think! Therefore, one of my new year's resolutions is to keep myself in good health - I'd hate to be sick or sleep deprived at any interview... Good luck on your interview at UVA next week!