Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

@tifoz- Thanks for the information! @gradschooloptimist7- I had one date conflict, and I decided to go to one instead of the other. One of them was lower preference, so it worked out. I believe that we can email the admissions coordinator to see if there is a chance for alternative arrangement, even if not explicitly stated in the invite.

@tifoz- Thanks for the information! @gradschooloptimist7- I had one date conflict, and I decided to go to one instead of the other. One of them was lower preference, so it worked out. I believe that we can email the admissions coordinator to see if there is a chance for alternative arrangement, even if not explicitly stated in the invite.

Thanks! I emailed one of the schools for a different date!

Welcome, and congrats on your achievement! 

About BU, what is PiBS? Is it different from Neuro program?

Thanks! PiBS is their general 'umbrella' program.  I made sure to put that because I know some of you are waiting to hear from BU neuro and didnt want to freak anyone out!

Edited by Neurono

@ak1921 - Can you update us with the interview date/dates for MIT BCS? Its one of the programs whose dates are completely unknown. Thx

March 8, It was an unofficial message from the admissions comittee and I have no idea whether it will be a one-day interview. I will update more after I receive an official invitation :)

Congrats! When did they send out the email?

As this is the second day, I guess this means they are done... 

I got an invite to Columbia this morning! Very unexpected. Seems they are sending them out over many days.

Feb 7-8 seems like a very popular interview spot for these programs (Duke, Cornell, UW-Madison, and now Columbia Neuro.,)

I got an invite to Columbia this morning! Very unexpected. Seems they are sending them out over many days.

Feb 7-8 seems like a very popular interview spot for these programs (Duke, Cornell, UW-Madison, and now Columbia Neuro.,)

Congrats! Seems you've got a lot of interviews so far. Do you plan to attend all?? I am worried that traveling around for a full month will be quite exhausting and won't do any good for the interviews.. Anyone has any idea on this? Just beginning to worry about the interviews.. It's frustrating :(

Edited by ak1921

@HS2013 - You mention a Columbia neuro invite from this morning (congrats BTW). Did you post it on the results page because I saw nothing new appear this mornings results page? If you did then, maybe it's a time zone thing.

@HS2013 - You mention a Columbia neuro invite from this morning (congrats BTW). Did you post it on the results page because I saw nothing new appear this mornings results page? If you did then, maybe it's a time zone thing.

Sorry, just posted it.

Congrats! Seems you've got a lot of interviews so far. Do you plan to attend all?? I am worried that traveling around for a full month will be quite exhausting and won't do any good for the interviews.. Anyone has any idea on this? Just beginning to worry about the interviews.. It's frustrating :(

Yeah... I agree it will be pretty exhausting, haven't quite thought through how I am going to deal with it.

Hey all, congrats on your invitations.  Many of you have a very impressive collection of interviews!

I've only heard back from Princeton Neuroscience.. anxiously awaiting news from MIT, Harvard, NYU, Columbia, Rockefeller, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Univ Pittsburgh, UCSF, UC Berkeley, Stanford, UCSD, UCLA, USC, Brown, Dartmouth and Caltech.

Does anyone know if Princeton has more than one interview date?

Hi Everyone,

Here are my stats

Undergrad University – Ivy
Undergrad Major – Neurobiology
Undergrad GPA – 3.38
Years of research – 2 biotech industry summer internships, 1 applied research course, 2 semesters & 1 summer (40 hour/week) senior thesis
GRE scores – 167 Q, 162 V, 5.5 W

Prospective schools

Yale - BBS
MIT - Brain and Cognitive Sciences
MIT – Biology
Johns Hopkins – School of Medicine, Neuroscience program
Cornell Weill - Neuroscience program
Columbia - Neurobiology and Behavior Division
Harvard – DMS, BBS
Upenn – Biomedical Graduate Studies, Neuroscience Program
Rockefeller University
NYU - Neuroscience and Physiology
Tufts – Neuroscience

So far I have interviews to Johns Hopkins, Cornell Weill, Tufts, and NYU.