Who Wants To Bet On Acceptances/Rejections?

Can you apply for their PhD, and ask to be considered for the MA if not accepted to the PhD? It'd sort of be like killing to apps with one fee!

Spent some more time on their page and it looks like they expect a 600V (old scale...I scored a 152 which is just under an old 500) and a 20 page writing sample. As much as I'd love to, I can't add 8 more pages to my writing sample without another month worth of editing! If only I had unlimited time for applications...

In other news, my UMaine app was submitted today. Most important (and best fit) app is done! 

...and the wait begins.

Edited by beet-nik

In my experience there are very few fat people who dance well.  It is however a sight to behold when one does.  You can almost see the precision and regularity of their bones moving underneath all that blubber.  The way the fat itself moves is like an elegant metaphor for the bones themselves.  Truly amazing.

I just want to be clear: I meant to downvote this predictably asinine comment from econosocio. Oops.

He's just trying to be funny. It's a nice change of pace when people actually try to be entertaining on these threads, rather than just reiterating their neurosis and talking endlessly about the most banal minutiae of the application process. Not that there's anything wrong with doing those things (that's what gradcafe is for), but we should mix it up every now and then. 

No. Please. Don't.

Leave us to our hand-wringing and self-righteous misery.

I don't know, I'm starting to feel like there isn't much more to be said until some results start popping up. I haven't been posting much in the last few days because I feel like I've entered this weird state of ennui between applying and hearing back where I just want to not be thinking about it.

Ah! Two weeks! I still have some applications to finish for the 15h, but still.... that seems so close, yet the time will likely pass extremely slowly. I will have to keep myself distracted with reading, writing and prepping for teaching. And drinking gin.

Any MA-ers heard anything from the Calstate schools?

Although I'm not a Calstate MA-er, last I saw under "results" (see top of forum) one person heard from one of the CUNY schools regarding an MA.

Although I'm not a Calstate MA-er, last I saw under "results" (see top of forum) one person heard from one of the CUNY schools regarding an MA.

This, though completely unrelated to me in most ways, is enough to give me palpitations.

ETA: thank you for introducing me to this this feature!

Edited by 1Q84

Alright*, I'm taking bets on which school will make the first January notification and when they will do it.

*"Alright" is a word. Wanna fight about it?

I'm going to say Northwestern, next monday, the 21st. 

I'm going to say Northwestern, next monday, the 21st. 

That's a bold move! I'm saying Northwestern, next Thursday (24th).

Any particular reason you say Monday, HHEoS? Mine's a guess based on last year's notifications.

That's a bold move! I'm saying Northwestern, next Thursday (24th).

Any particular reason you say Monday, HHEoS? Mine's a guess based on last year's notifications.

No specific reason. I looked at last year's dates and figured I'd guess a few days earlier. I just realized that Monday is MLK Jr. day, though. Probably not going to happen then. I'm going to say Tuesday 22nd instead.