Stanford applicants

sing something

I applied to the affective science area of the psychology department at Stanford and I have a couple of questions for any other applicants.

1. Does anyone else's application status read "incomplete?" I was assured that this was normal and did not mean my application materials were incomplete. Instead, it meant the status had yet to be manually changed by someone in the admissions office. I see now in the results section of this website that applicants are beginning to hear back about interviews, however, and this has made me nervous about my "incomplete status."

2. Has anyone applying to the affective science area been invited to an interview? If so, who contacted you with the invitation. If it was your POI, please specify which professor.

Thanks and congrats to anyone who has received their interview invite!

I first contacted admissions via email Nov. 19. I was told the status would not be changed for a couple of weeks after the deadline due to the huge number of applicants. I would say its been much longer than a couple of weeks, though, so I sent another email (I called originally the first time and admissions requested I direct inquiries to their email account). I will post in here when I receive a response.

Mine still reads incomplete as well. Also, my official transcripts have been in with them for weeks, but that section still says incomplete as well. I got in contact shortly after the deadline and the grad admissions advisor was rather short with me, presumably because of a high volume of e-mails. I tried to get in contact again and received an automatic e-mail response. I don't expect to get in, given that I didn't take the subject GRE, and my POIs (Ps O I?) have been less receptive there than anywhere else.

Edited by Tolman's Rat

Mine also reads incomplete. I am guessing that different POIs have different timetables regarding contacting the applicants. Could the applicants who received an email from a POI for an interview tell us who the POI who contacted them is? Stanford has a pretty big affective science program!

I didn't apply to Stanford (close call, but it didn't make my cut - somewhat due to their outrageous app fee!), but I just wanted to commiserate with you guys. I have like, FOUR apps that show "incomplete" or similar languages, and talk about nerve-wracking-- especially since one is due to an office not having scanned things that were sent before the end of November! I guess volume is up all the way around. ><

Mine also still says incomplete (as of yesterday afternoon), though all of my materials seem to have been received.  Good to know I'm not the only one!

Tolman's Rat - I had to contact them with a question back in November, and I also got the auto-response, followed a few days later by an actual answer.  So they may get back to you.

Apparently "incomplete" is no problem.  

I was contacted in late December by my POI and had a call interview on Jan 2nd.  This was for Affective Science.

Good luck to all of you!!

Having your application status say incomplete is fine (it seems like a lot of people are having this problem). I e-mailed admissions and they said that if you were missing items, they would let you know.

NoPlanB, can you also send me the POI? Congrats!

I had the same issue with my application status saying incomplete. It now says complete, but my transcripts are listed as 'Not Official', despite being very much official.

Mine, too.

I'm guessing that since they were all updated at once, there's some kind of process in the works? Like, someone finally looked through things because the files are about to passed off to the committee?  Or maybe it's just whatever undergrad is in charge of checking the boxes finally got around to it.  Sigh.

I realize this probably makes me incredibly stupid, but I cannot seem to be able to check my status. I tried logging into the application (like for other schools, and it's saying "Access Denied-you can only submit one app per year". Can anyone help a girl out?

Hello! Has anyone heard back from Stanford for official interview invites? I had a phone interview about a week ago and was told I would hear this week, but haven't heard anything! 

Same! I had My interview back on the 3rd - two weeks ago! Still haven't heard anything. I think last year at least for affective science official interviews went out around the 26th - so if that's anything to go off of, we still can feel good about our chances.