Guilty Pleasures while Waiting!

EdYouKateOr

My Kindle has never seen more use. I'm trying to use this time to get caught up on all the books I've always wanted to read.

Not a bad idea. After grad school, we may never want to read again. Haha.

Edited by sansao

We have a 6-week break between Fall and Spring semesters (this being my last semester as an UG). All grad application materials for the 5 programs I applied to were due during finals week last semester. Other than jury duty and a quick trip to the Oregon coast, I've been catching up on reading and fairly going crazy. I've almost finished Wallace's Infinite Jest (a HUGE novel). Can't wait to get back into class next week!

Apart from waiting for mail delivery each afternoon, I've kept busy by going on walks with my dog, Millie, and baking. I've also formed a reading group (historical theory & practice) on campus. I may adopt playing The Sims though, based on some of the posts on this thread. :)

Although I don't play the Sims (anymore), this image still perfectly captures my Sim-like life.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6270254336/hC9D76DFA/

Which brings me to the fact that I'm just eating take out and snacks all the time nowadays! Jelly doughnuts ftw.

Edited by apotheosis

Although I don't play the Sims (anymore), this image still perfectly captures my Sim-like life.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6270254336/hC9D76DFA/

Which brings me to the fact that I'm just eating take out and snacks all the time nowadays! Jelly doughnuts ftw.

Pft, that person's glowy/swirly diamond thing would totally be red.

Steam has a special on Dungeon Siege games - I just bought all of them + DLC for $14.99.  I should also get back to playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, but both of my toons are on Tattooine, and my progress on that planet is really slow.

Wow, everyone's got some great ways to get away from obsessing on admissions!

Cooking, practicing music, obsessively checking my email, watching documentaries, watching tv series from front to back, and watching "comfort" movies, and rereading my favorite novels. Yoga helps when I do it. Oh, and the occasional night of wine seems to help, too, and getting together with friends for board games, music, and movies.

Thankfully the new semester started, so I'm getting some good distraction while working on my Master's. Otherwise, I would obsessively refresh my email inbox and fret even more than I am.

Cooking is by far my most productive activity to reduce stress. I'm working on a few recipe modifications because I like to think of recipes as a suggestion or guideline for ways to make yumminess happen.