Guilty Pleasures while Waiting!

EdYouKateOr

making bread with my christmas bread maker, and instead of freaking out about waiting for apps, I just passivly wait for the bread to finish.  Eating a fresh loaf of banana bread right now.

Edited by gradorbust

I just watched every episode of Downton Abbey. I might do it again.

I hadn't even thought about that. What I great way to pass time, I always get engrossed in those episodes.

On a separate note, I've been playing sims medieval in between reading the ten books I've been assigned for class. It is my official guilty pleasure.

I don't know if you can count this as a guilty pleasure, but it is keeping my mind off things.  I am teaching test prep courses 2 times a week, and it's fun to "play professor" and help teenagers beat the evil standardized tests.  Lol.  

Also, I am conducting undergrad admissions interviews for my alma mater tomorrow, and I am kind of enjoying the power trip of being on the "other side"... mwa ha ha.   :lol:

I don't know if you can count this as a guilty pleasure, but it is keeping my mind off things.  I am teaching test prep courses 2 times a week, and it's fun to "play professor" and help teenagers beat the evil standardized tests.  Lol.     Also, I am conducting undergrad admissions interviews for my alma mater tomorrow, and I am kind of enjoying the power trip of being on the "other side"... mwa ha ha.   :lol:
Are there any parallels in UG vs Grad admissions?

Are there any parallels in UG vs Grad admissions?

Wondering anything in particular?  I rep my UG at college fairs and conduct interviews... but am not actually involved in selection.  I get to give an interview report and recommend/not recommend admission.  They didn't let in the last kid I recommended :(  Lol.

Wondering anything in particular?  I rep my UG at college fairs and conduct interviews... but am not actually involved in selection.  I get to give an interview report and recommend/not recommend admission.  They didn't let in the last kid I recommended :(  Lol.
Lol! Nothing in particular...every little grain of info seems to ease my mind a bit!

Ok, newest guilty pleasure (drum roll please) I found an app called Grading Game! You have 30 seconds to correct essays and fail students or you lose your assistantship! Great fun! Very distracting way to pass time!

I'm playing The Sims 3, reading the Game of Thrones series, watching the first two seasons of Downton and knitting hats for everyone I know. Fortunately, I return to classes on Monday. 

I'm playing The Sims 3, reading the Game of Thrones series, watching the first two seasons of Downton and knitting hats for everyone I know. Fortunately, I return to classes on Monday. 

I just taught myself to crochet! I'm currently working on a scarf. Thought this was the perfect time to pick up a new hobby. I'm looking forward to classes on Monday as well. 

Ooooo, I should get back to The Sims 3... haven't played in a while!  That is definitely a timesuck, lol.  Perhaps then I can fixate on my Sims' goals and futures (which I CAN control) rather than my own... :)

Ooooo, I should get back to The Sims 3... haven't played in a while!  That is definitely a timesuck, lol.  Perhaps then I can fixate on my Sims' goals and futures (which I CAN control) rather than my own... :)

Getting back into the Sims 3 was an active decision I made in response to being done with applications. I can't control my fate now but I can make sure Melody Pond realizes her dream of becoming quite the adventurer.

Not a one of my Sims has any sort of literary ambition, I assure you.

I actually made a Sims land based on the TV show Vampire Diaries.  Now, *there*'s a guilty pleasure for ya!

Oh, and watching random TV shows on Netflix... currently Australian series "Dance Academy."

Edited by amlobo

Super cheesy romantic comedy about a PhD student at Harvard? Yes, please. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep and found it randomly on Netflix. Losing Control if you are wondering. It did make me smile. Awwww... and many pretty Harvard and Boston shots. :)

Super cheesy romantic comedy about a PhD student at Harvard? Yes, please. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep and found it randomly on Netflix. Losing Control if you are wondering. It did make me smile. Awwww... and many pretty Harvard and Boston shots. :)

I will have to check it out lol.

For me it's a combination of many things. Spending far too much time drinking and catching up on being a teenager that I missed while being a teenager. Working on my honors senior thesis, working on research for London MUN. But only the first two are really guilty pleasures.

My true guilty pleasure? Watching The Newsroom.

Oh my goodness I can't wait until I am back in the US and my Netflix account. This sounds too good.