HGSE EdLD Fall 2013

EdYouKateOr

Results search?

If you go to "results search" on the main page of Grad Cafe and put in "Harvard" you see that someone claims they received an EdLD interview invite at 10:00 a.m. EST today.  I suppose you can call to confirm............  It seems plausible, they should be going out today or tomorrow.  The question is whether they are processing them one at a time or sent them all out at exactly 10:00 a.m.......  if they did at all..... so hard to know.

I figure that if I have heard nothing by Wednesday night I can be fairly certain it is time to focus on other opportunities.

Good luck everyone and thank you for all the great information you have shared here.

Glad that I didn't "pick out the drapes." Lol. It took courage for us all to apply, and I'm certain that we will continue to be given opportunities to change the world for the better through educational leadership. Best wishes to those who are moving on to the interview phase and to those who are not...America's children needs each and every one of us.

So do you think the post re the interview is another hoax???

My original post here was not a hoax. Interview invites have gone out already and I've confirmed this with people I know in the program. They are coordinating group lunches and tours already for invited candidates. Not saying this to rain on anyone's parade, but to give information in case people are still banking on EDLD as a fall option and haven't heard back yet.

My original post here was not a hoax. Interview invites have gone out already and I've confirmed this with people I know in the program. They are coordinating group lunches and tours already for invited candidates. Not saying this to rain on anyone's parade, but to give information in case people are still banking on EDLD as a fall option and haven't heard back yet.
Thanks HGSEhopeful...... What is your back up plan???

PS the post on results said invites only went out today.

ok....

First, hello to all....and good luck to all....

I just checked my account again and my checklist has reappeared. HMMMMMM.....

Secondly,

Just because lunches and activities are being planned does not mean that people are not still getting invites. i strongly believe that this is the week for invites to go out. Stay strong everybody. Post often and much so that we can support each other during this very trying time....Don't give up!! I have decided that if I don't get an invite by Friday, then i will make ready for plan B. However, people on here have called admissions, etc. and been told that invites have not gone out yet. I am not in panic mode....yet...

PS the post on results said invites only went out today.

I didn't see that post and don't necessarily trust the information on this board, especially over my friends actually in the EDLD program. I will either stay at my job or go to Stanford GSB for the MBA/MA Ed program. Still waiting to hear back from them after my interview.

Only went out today as in all of them were sent today...or they just started going out today? 

I'm pretty sure all of them have gone out already (if not last week like I heard, then at least by today) since the interviews for candidates are all held at the same time. People would need at least a couple weeks to arrange travel and days off from work.

Only went out today as in all of them were sent today...or they just started going out today? 

I have no idea - all I know is that one person called last week and was told they had not gone out yet, but on the results board someone posted today that they received an interview invite.  It would make sense they would all go out on the same day.  Perhaps they have a back up list if someone declines an interview, I would imagine that is a rare occurrence.  

It is plausible that they would go out today - in the past years they seem to go out between the 10th and 12th - as others have said, the interviewees need time to book travel, etc.  

No one has confirmed with Harvard, to my knowledge.  My personal thought is that if I do not hear by Friday I am on to other plans, I think they could have already gone out, I am secretly (or not so secretly) holding out hope.......  

I'm pretty sure all of them have gone out already (if not last week like I heard, then at least by today) since the interviews for candidates are all held at the same time. People would need at least a couple weeks to arrange travel and days off from work.

Please don't be offended by what I am about to say hgsehopeful, but my life would go much easier right now without your guestimations and hearsay. Everybody on here is waiting to hear life changing news. Unless you work for admissions, you may need to stop. Look at it this way...Is what you are saying helping? I know its not helping me and I dare not speak for anyone else, but we need to wait until at least Friday and then come to some conclusions. I will be the first to say that you were right last week, but for right now can you just kind of lay off a little? Please? I am a non-drinker and I am two seconds from going to the liquor store to ask for the beginner's kit!!! 

Hey I'm pretty sure they will send out a blast to each person invited. They will all go out at the same time. I think this is just panic feeding panic. Lets chill unless the person that actually got an interview speaks up. Btw just a thought, admissions in general are hesitant to send out info at the very beginning of the week. Reason being the uproar of calls that will be to follow. At least on Friday they can give unhappy applicant the weekend to calm down. At lease that's how they do it at my school.

I just want you guys to know whatever happens, I am truly thankful fr this thread! I get almost as excited to see a post hear as I do to check my email for one from HGSE! Good Luck all! Does anyone know if Harvard is even open tomorrow? I know most of the public schools are closed tomorrow.

We definitely had class today.

So much snow.... Eek!!!!!     D:

Are we all chicken to call or email the admission's office with the simple question "Have the interview requests gone out?"

Na, called... But they can only release so much info. It's a waiting game at the end of the day for now.

ok....

First, hello to all....and good luck to all....

I just checked my account again and my checklist has reappeared. HMMMMMM.....

Secondly,

Just because lunches and activities are being planned does not mean that people are not still getting invites. i strongly believe that this is the week for invites to go out. Stay strong everybody. Post often and much so that we can support each other during this very trying time....Don't give up!! I have decided that if I don't get an invite by Friday, then i will make ready for plan B. However, people on here have called admissions, etc. and been told that invites have not gone out yet. I am not in panic mode....yet...

About the checklist: I don't think it means anything. When you guys started talking about it on here, I started looking at mine. The checklist disappeared and then magically returned today. It was probably a glitch in their system.

Since I started this post, I want thank everyone for sticking together through this! I know last year the said interview invites would go out Feb 10-25. So I'm not giving up hope yet! I really hope whoever got the interview gets in and shares here! That way if anyone reapplies, we'll have some insight. There seems to be a dearth of info on this degree. On another note, did anyone besides me ask to be considered for an EdM? I already have a Masters Degree, but I thought the freedom of the special studies curriculum and just the general opportunities at HGSE would be worth pursuing... Anyone?

Starting to go through the stages of grief (don't really know what they are :)). Am still in denial :), have been a little sad, but starting to feel mad. Is there a particular reason they can't send out the rejections when they send out interview invites? What is the reason for waiting another month?

The Masters programs looked really interesting, but I didn't apply this year. I figured that if I don't get in, I can take some time to work and save up for a program like that because it is pretty pricey for one year (I'm Canadian, so the costs seem absolutely exorbitant compared to what we pay for post-secondary education here). 

I would love to know what people are doing after completing degrees from HGSE, particularly with non profit organizations etc. Any of you know alumni? Perhaps this will allow us to take our minds off anxiety. Haha. 

Since I started this post, I want thank everyone for sticking together through this! I know last year the said interview invites would go out Feb 10-25. So I'm not giving up hope yet! I really hope whoever got the interview gets in and shares here! That way if anyone reapplies, we'll have some insight. There seems to be a dearth of info on this degree. On another note, did anyone besides me ask to be considered for an EdM? I already have a Masters Degree, but I thought the freedom of the special studies curriculum and just the general opportunities at HGSE would be worth pursuing... Anyone?

As I already have an MA and a post grad training certificate, this option did not make sense to me.  I am going to be researching PhD programs for next year (this year I only applied to EdLD).  I plan to apply to multiple PhD programs for fall of 2014 and head down that road.  While I was disappointed to not get a Harvard interview, I certainly am not surprised.  From what I can tell, it has the lowest acceptance rate of all graduate programs in the USA at the moment - crazy.  I think this was a very good experience for me and I am glad I tried and the program got me thinking about my future and my desire to go back to school.  I am thankful to Harvard for that, in that the idea of this program really motivated me.  I am now open to looking at other programs and a year ago I was not interested, so it is all good.  In the meantime, I have students and parents (and my own family) to look after - I live in a great community and I have a very good job.  I am fortunate.

I wish you the best of luck for the EdM program - I would be surprised if you do not get in.  The acceptance rate is much higher and it is clear you are qualified. :)