Acceptance Freakout Thread

Thank you. Reading this genuinely made my eyes start to tear. Perhaps its because of the general heightened state of emotions due to this roller coaster of a processes but it makes me sad to think that any of us has to suffer with not getting into a school to do what we were born to do. In any event I hope you already have an acceptance or that you will get one soon ( this is my second year that this if its any conciliation). Good luck and thank you again!

Thanks! Yeah, I don't really know what I'm going to do the next year if I don't get in anywhere. Do you know if they contacted everyone that got in today?

Congrats, everyone!  I would be more downtrodden over the UNC-Chapel Hill acceptances, but I had a wonderful, encouraging conversation with a professor today that put me in better spirits.  I'll get through this, even if, as I suspect, I am rejected across the board.

Congrats, everyone!  I would be more downtrodden over the UNC-Chapel Hill acceptances, but I had a wonderful, encouraging conversation with a professor today that put me in better spirits.  I'll get through this, even if, as I suspect, I am rejected across the board.

Two Espressos, every time you post in this thread, I get my hopes up for you. I'm really really rooting for you this year. But if you don't get in, it looks like I might see you back here next year. ;)

Two Espressos, every time you post in this thread, I get my hopes up for you. I'm really really rooting for you this year. But if you don't get in, it looks like I might see you back here next year. ;)

Aw, thank you.  I really appreciate this post.  :)

Basically, despite my typically incorrigible pessimism, I'm having a great day.  Cheer up, everyone!

Edited by Two Espressos

Congrats to Lucke1984, thebeatgoeson, nada.am, and RogerMexico_, and anybody else I might have missed! It's a big day, jeez.

Thank you!

Thanks! Yeah, I don't really know what I'm going to do the next year if I don't get in anywhere. Do you know if they contacted everyone that got in today?

I'm sorry I don't know if they contacted everyone, but looking at last year's Brandeis thread ( ) it looks like they were done over at least two days last year.

Hooray! Good news from TCU to finish up the week!  

After getting a crappy Valentine's Day message from UT yesterday, I'm thrilled! 

Congratulations to everyone else who got good news today! Apparently lots of schools wrapped up their decisions this week. 

I'm beginning to think the same.

Btw love beckett. just sayin'. Try. fail. try again, fail better. :lol:

Aw, thank you.  I really appreciate this post.  :)

Basically, despite my typically incorrigible pessimism, I'm having a great day.  Cheer up, everyone!

Two Expressos, it's really critical that you don't give up. I know that it's easy to say something like that. But if, say, you do not get anywhere, it is NOT an indication of you are "insert negative self-depreciation."