Acceptance Freakout Thread

Hello! I got waitlisted at UNC, and nope, not specializing in Rhet/Comp. I hope you hear from them soon!

Yeah, unranked--I just noticed that when I was rereading the letter (so maybe I can't stop reading it... SO WHAT?). I really want to attend the Open House and methinks I'll just bite the bullet and book some tickets soon. That's if I can get my boss lady's permission to miss work. And if I can get my bank account to stop crying. I wish I knew whether any other schools are going to invite me to visit, and if so, when! But luckily the other schools I might hear from are a lot closer and would be easier to visit.

ANYWAY, fingers crossed for us both!  :D And maybe we'll even meet in March!

I do plan on attending the Open House, so I hope to meet you there!  I really want to meet bdon as well.

I got into UC Riverside guys!!! I was not expecting this!!!!

I called them this morning when the check next to the box that says, "application is under review" mysteriously disappeared, and the grad secretary said, I'd know my status in a month or two, so I assumed that was an implicit rejection. I am in shock.

I got into UC Riverside guys!!! I was not expecting this!!!!

I called them this morning when the check next to the box that says, "application is under review" mysteriously disappeared, and the grad secretary said, I'd know my status in a month or two, so I assumed that was an implicit rejection. I am in shock.

Congrats! Are you planning on going to the visiting day?

Congrats! Are you planning on going to the visiting day?

Thanks! i'm at work right now and I can't freak out formally, so I am taking to GC to express my feelings =)

I don't know when visiting day is yet, but yes! I live mere minutes from Riverside so it couldn't be more convenient.

I don't know when visiting day is yet, but yes! I live mere minutes from Riverside so it couldn't be more convenient.

it's thursday 4 april from 9am - 2pm, but there will likely be an informal dinner with students afterward. more details to follow.

it's thursday 4 april from 9am - 2pm, but there will likely be an informal dinner with students afterward. more details to follow.

You've got to be kidding me. I'm supposed to go on to New York to visit friends I haven't seen in two years that week!! I haven't booked tickets yet, but it's literally my only vacation time. Maybe I won't go to the welcome weekend and go another time instead. Ahhh!!!! Decision overload!!

You've got to be kidding me. I'm supposed to go on to New York to visit friends I haven't seen in two years that week!! I haven't booked tickets yet, but it's literally my only vacation time. Maybe I won't go to the welcome weekend and go another time instead. Ahhh!!!! Decision overload!!

i'm pretty sure they picked that day cos it coincides with (dis)junctions. i'm sure you could set up another time to visit. :)

i'm pretty sure they picked that day cos it coincides with (dis)junctions. i'm sure you could set up another time to visit. :)

I'll definitely visit one way or another =) So far my interactions with the campus have just been one informal visit in high school for prospective undergrads, and drinking with my best friend who did his undergrad at UCR, but I'd love to experience the real academic side of it.

BTW, there is excellent KBBQ in Riverside if you know where to find it.

Conrgrats to smilax, sebastiansteddy, and patientagony, and anyone else who got in today who I've missed!

Thanks! I am still a bit jealous of your Buffalo acceptance, but I am not gonna complain too much ;) If I haven't told you congrats on that one before, then I'll say it now: CONGRATS on Buffalo!

Thanks! I am still a bit jealous of your Buffalo acceptance, but I am not gonna complain too much ;) If I haven't told you congrats on that one before, then I'll say it now: CONGRATS on Buffalo!

Thanks! I'm super excited about it and it still seems unreal. You've got Ohio State (where they definitely don't want me) and Rochester (where, given today, I'm thinking they also don't want me) and I've got Buffalo. All evens out, but there seems to be no logic to it that we can predict from our side!

Edited by asleepawake