Acceptance Freakout Thread

Alas, not a warm fuzzy person in real life (I am friendly though!). Something about apps makes me feel all "united we stand, divided we fall." Solidarity!

I can dig it! I'm kind of the same way. When I post on here I have this overwhelming feeling of being among ~my people~. We all know how hard this shit is, so I really am rooting for everyone to find their perfect fit. My college could be a very competitive, cutthroat place at times, and I hated that.

In at Loyola Chicago! YAY!

Congratulations to you! WOOHOO! :)

Congrats to HHEoS and all other recent acceptees!

I just got my notification of acceptance at Lehigh. It's a bit of a small/unknown/rising program, but it's a very good fit, I think (and so do they)! There is no funding information yet, though.

Way to go! My sister went to Lehigh for her BA and MA (although not in English), and she really loved her whole experience. It seems like an excellent school. I hope you get a great funding package!

Congrats to HHEoS and all other recent acceptees!

I just got my notification of acceptance at Lehigh. It's a bit of a small/unknown/rising program, but it's a very good fit, I think (and so do they)! There is no funding information yet, though.

Congrats on Lehigh!!! I seriously considered applying there. The thought process was basically, "hey, I could live at home if I went to Lehigh!" followed quickly by "oh god, would I have to live at home if I went to Lehigh?" Their whole built on the side of a giant hill shtick didn't help either. Not much of a walker.

Congrats!!!!

Congrats to HHEoS and all other recent acceptees!

Congratulations to you! WOOHOO! :)

Thanks everyone! :) Seriously, GC might make this process painful at times, but I love sharing this experience with you guys.

Also: Congrats asleepawake! Hope you hear good news about funding soon.

Wow, so I was waitlisted in 18th/19th century at Minnesota. I am *totally* shocked.

Also, anyone else apply to Minnesota in that area?! She said she is notifying waitlisters in that area today.

Edited by thatjewishgirl

Wow, so I was waitlisted in 18th/19th century at Minnesota. I am *totally* shocked.

Also, anyone else apply to Minnesota in that area?! She said she is notifying waitlisters in that area today.

Congratuations!  I got the Early Modern waitlist call last week.  They've been really kind.  Best of luck.

Say what now?  How did I miss that?  Excellent.

Obviously you don't spend all your free time obsessively looking at all things Sherlock Holmes on the web, so it is understandable. :)  They're always turning down my ILL requests for stuff, so I definitely know them.

https://www.lib.umn.edu/scrbm/holmes

Thanks, everyone! I had assumed rejection since so many acceptances went out yesterday, so it was a very surprising voicemail! It definitely sounds like they are still in the process of notifying, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other GradCafers waiting for news! 

Thanks, everyone! I had assumed rejection since so many acceptances went out yesterday, so it was a very surprising voicemail! It definitely sounds like they are still in the process of notifying, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other GradCafers waiting for news! 

Proving that much of our theorizing and worrying about implicit rejections is very silly. :) And CONGRATS!