Acceptance Freakout Thread

Anyone want to claim Brandeis? Or was someone just trying to be funny?

My boyfriend still hasn't heard anything from them, even though they reached out to him for a fee waiver because of his superb GRE and TOEFL scores (-.-)

If you hear back from them, let me know...I don't want the boyfriend to get too anxious.

My boyfriend still hasn't heard anything from them, even though they reached out to him for a fee waiver because of his superb GRE and TOEFL scores (-.-)

If you hear back from them, let me know...I don't want the boyfriend to get too anxious.

Yeah, I got the application fee waiver too.

I'll let you know! :)

Acccck!  Mostlytoasty, I am so sorry, I accidentally downvoted your UCR acceptance post.  And it turns out I'm out of upvotes anyway so I can't balance out my stupidity by upvoting your Colorado acceptance.  I'm so sorry.  I'm a miserable failure and ought to be shot.

Rachel--Sobbing.gif

Acccck!  Mostlytoasty, I am so sorry, I accidentally downvoted your UCR acceptance post.  And it turns out I'm out of upvotes anyway so I can't balance out my stupidity by upvoting your Colorado acceptance.  I'm so sorry.  I'm a miserable failure and ought to be shot.

Rachel--Sobbing.gif

Upvoted it for you. :)

Anyone want to claim Brandeis? Or was someone just trying to be funny?

That was me! I got an email an hour or two ago from Aliyyah Abdur-Rahman stating that the committee had recommended me for admissions and that I would be receiving official notice from the graduate school in a day or two! 

That was me! I got an email an hour or two ago from Aliyyah Abdur-Rahman stating that the committee had recommended me for admissions and that I would be receiving official notice from the graduate school in a day or two! 

Congratulations!!! I guess that'll be another assumed rejection then...

No worries Data!!! Thanks guys! Love how this thread is blowing up. Pericles, I heard via phone.

Thanks, and congratulations again! Seriously, amazing.

Sorry I asked for the info, your notification was buried on the results board (I eventually did a search, saw it, and felt stupid for posting the question). Being that I'm mildly obsessed with this program I'm going to bug you with one more question: when did you submit your app? As in, right around the deadline or a month or two early? Just trying to get a sense of how they're going through things.

Again, though, congratulations! I'm super jealous if you can't tell. ;)

Just heard back from Minnesota, and..... I'm near the top of the waitlist for Early Modern studies.  Lovely phone convo with the DGP, including my numerical spot on the waitlist.  Well within the range they usually admit.

Stoked.

Congratulations!!! I guess that'll be another assumed rejection then...

Thank you. Reading this genuinely made my eyes start to tear. Perhaps its because of the general heightened state of emotions due to this roller coaster of a processes but it makes me sad to think that any of us has to suffer with not getting into a school to do what we were born to do. In any event I hope you already have an acceptance or that you will get one soon ( this is my second year that this if its any conciliation). Good luck and thank you again!

Just heard back from Minnesota, and..... I'm near the top of the waitlist for Early Modern studies.  Lovely phone convo with the DGP, including my numerical spot on the waitlist.  Well within the range they usually admit.

Stoked.

Congrats! That's excellent that they were so upfront with you about your position on their wait list. 

Thanks, and congratulations again! Seriously, amazing.   Sorry I asked for the info, your notification was buried on the results board (I eventually did a search, saw it, and felt stupid for posting the question). Being that I'm mildly obsessed with this program I'm going to bug you with one more question: when did you submit your app? As in, right around the deadline or a month or two early? Just trying to get a sense of how they're going through things.   Again, though, congratulations! I'm super jealous if you can't tell. ;)
Ohh that one wasn't me! I haven't posted there yet. I submitted very close to the deadline, like a few days before. Hoping that you'll hear good news soon!

Stoked.

CONGRATS! best of luck :)