2013 MFA Results?

pie

I guess this is more of an anticipatory post... but has anyone heard back from their schools yet? Upcoming interviews, etc.?

Do tell!

Heard from massart on 1/25 and umass Dartmouth on 1/28. Pretty shocked to hear back this early considering massart was due on 1/15 and umass Dartmouth isn't due until 2/1. Scheduled massarts interview for feb 6th and waiting to hear back from darthmouth.

Edited by ArsenicYellow

Heard from massart on 1/25 and umass Dartmouth on 1/28. Pretty shocked to hear back this early considering massart was due on 1/15 and umass Dartmouth isn't due until 2/1. Scheduled massarts interview for feb 6th and waiting to hear back from darthmouth.

Potentially dumb question, but did MassArt contact you via snail mail, phone or email?

Speaking of email correspondance, I received an 'informal acceptance' email today from one of my schools---- is that something that I should respond to? And if so, what would be the best way to go about that?

For printmaking 2013 - haven't heard from most programs but here it is...

Wisconsin-Madison - rejected

UMASS dartmouth - interviewed 1/30, accepted 2/4

MASS Art - haven't heard but guessing not good

Syracuse University

Ohio University

UArts in Philly

Indiana - Bloomington

I'm sure I'm not alone but everytime I open my email I've been getting these intense bursts of adrenaline!

MFA Painting 2013

Wisconsin- Madison- rejected by mail
Indiana-Bloomington- Waitlisted by email 2/7
U. of Arizona- accepted by phone 2/15
Arizona State University. accepted by email 2/15

Pending:

Boston University
U. of Iowa
U. of Washington
U of Illinois

Good luck to everyone!

I'm sure I'm not alone but everytime I open my email I've been getting these intense bursts of adrenaline!

MFA Painting 2013

Wisconsin- Madison- rejected by mail

Indiana-Bloomington- Waitlisted by email 2/7

U. of Arizona- accepted by phone 2/15

Arizona State University. accepted by email 2/15

Pending:

Boston University

U. of Iowa

U. of Washington

U of Illinois

Good luck to everyone!

Your work is lovely.  :)

i already posted this on the freak out forum but thought i would post here, too.  snail mail letter today from Indiana-Bloomington printmaking program saying I'm an alternate.  if anyone out there was accepted but on the fence.. make up your mind right quick because i actually do want to go there!

For printmaking 2013 - haven't heard from most programs but here it is...   Wisconsin-Madison - rejected UMASS dartmouth - interviewed 1/30, accepted 2/4 MASS Art - haven't heard but guessing not good Syracuse University Ohio University UArts in Philly Indiana - Bloomington
Have you still not heard anything from IU? Their grad coordinator told me we should know this week, but I have also not heard anything yet.

I have applied for the MFA program at the following schools.

Rejected from both RCA and Goldsmiths.

Rejected from SAIC, although they are "encouraging me to apply to the post-bfa certificate". Also mentioning I am "one of the few encouraged to consider this opportunity." I am not sure what to think about this, wondering if they are sincere about the "opportunity", or if this is just what they write on all the rejection letters.

I have also applied to SVA, Steinhardt, and Columbia.

In Canada: Concordia, NSCAD and Guelph.

Has anyone heard from them yet?

Feeling very discouraged at the moment!

Edited by MisiaMisia

waitlisted at WashU/WUSTL for their MFA in Visual Art. notified 2/21 via phone call.

people who are accepted to WashU and don't want to go there, tell them ASAP please because I DO want to go.

Have you still not heard anything from IU? Their grad coordinator told me we should know this week, but I have also not heard anything yet.

Still not heard anything, but if it's coming snail mail it may take and extra day or 2 to get it to me since i'm on the east coast but i'm trying to keep myself busy while waiting :)