Canadian school applicants

bedmas

CONGRATS!! Thats awesome news, looks like that will put an end to the waiting game. I am still waiting to hear back

Thank you WinterIsComing :)!!  Very relieved to finally be done with the waiting game and I am hoping that you also hear some good news soon!  Let me know if hear back from any schools!

At the very least, you'll have something to look forward to on March 31st ;).  I know I can't wait for the new season to begin!

Edited by Piresent

Are you referring to the application #? When you get admitted, you do get a student # which is different than your application #.  Is the number that you see the same as your application # or is it different all together?  

In the application summary I have the application number and then right below it there  is a reported student number. Since I did not fill that number in it must have been auto generated. Also earlier I found out that I could access the student web services with that student number and my date of birth but according to someone else some universities give applicants access to the web services which doesn't mean anything towards their admitance.

Okay, now I understand.  I looked at my application summary for both this year (I was admitted) and last year (I was rejected) and the same student number is listed in both.  I have a vague memory of noticing the student # last year...

When I go onto the web service, there is a box that says 'Registration Fall 2013 and my program. In this box it says the word 'invited' beside 'status'. If you don't see something like this, they probably haven't made a decision on your file yet.

In the application summary I have the application number and then right below it there  is a reported student number. Since I did not fill that number in it must have been auto generated. Also earlier I found out that I could access the student web services with that student number and my date of birth but according to someone else some universities give applicants access to the web services which doesn't mean anything towards their admitance.

Just got accepted to UofT's MPP, so excited right now!!! Good luck to all of you still waiting and I wish you all the best :)

Congrats Piresent! How were you notified of your acceptance? Was your online status updated?

Okay, now I understand.  I looked at my application summary for both this year (I was admitted) and last year (I was rejected) and the same student number is listed in both.  I have a vague memory of noticing the student # last year...

When I go onto the web service, there is a box that says 'Registration Fall 2013 and my program. In this box it says the word 'invited' beside 'status'. If you don't see something like this, they probably haven't made a decision on your file yet.

MSW13, were you given a PIN in the acceptance package to log into Student Web Service or is a combination of date of birth or something? I have my Student # in the application system but still waiting for my package.

Thank you H2T!!  I was notified via e-mail.  I forced myself to only check my status twice a day (once I wake up and before I go to sleep).  This morning when I woke up it said Under Review and after I got the e-mail at 4pm today, it was updated to decision made!  Best of luck to you in all the programs you have applied for, hope you hear back soon :)!

pbaid, Gohankami is correct. When you go to the Student Web Service link (www.rosi.utoronto.ca), the first time you log in you will enter the student number you received and your DOB as your pin. You will immediately be able to change it to something more secure.

After this step you have to get your student card made and then get a university email address etc. I haven't done that yet but I hope to before the summer.

MSW13, were you given a PIN in the acceptance package to log into Student Web Service or is a combination of date of birth or something? I have my Student # in the application system but still waiting for my package.

pbaid try for the pin your date of birth yymmdd

pbaid, Gohankami is correct. When you go to the Student Web Service link (www.rosi.utoronto.ca), the first time you log in you will enter the student number you received and your DOB as your pin. You will immediately be able to change it to something more secure.

After this step you have to get your student card made and then get a university email address etc. I haven't done that yet but I hope to before the su

After this step you have to get your student card made and then get a university email address etc. I haven't done that yet but I hope to before the summer.

Thanks very much buddy!

I applied for the Masters of Health Services Research at UoT.

I already emailed the graduate assistant - I had a previous email trail with her regarding my transcripts. I'm pretty sure that you if get accepted you get an email, and rejections are via snail mail..

The good news is that U of T doesn't advise you of your status by email, you will receive a decision in the mail (or possibly by phone if it is a PhD program).

So on the UoT site, my SGS status changed to "Decision Made" but I didn't get an email of acceptance.... so I'm guessing this is a bad sign :(

So on the UoT site, my SGS status changed to "Decision Made" but I didn't get an email of acceptance.... so I'm guessing this is a bad sign :(

I don't think that is a bad sign at all Serina (fingers crossed).  Usually, from what I've gathered, Decision Made generally means you will be receiving an acceptance offer shortly (not 100% sure but the patterns suggest so).  Best of luck and let us know the outcome!

Thanks for the support MSW13 and Piresent. It is so nerve-wrecking to read "Decision Made". I should know soon enough either way. At least that waiting will be over :) I will keep you guys posted. Thanks!

Edited by Serina001

The good news is that U of T doesn't advise you of your status by email, you will receive a decision in the mail (or possibly by phone if it is a PhD program).

that is specific to a department, as was my experience.

Didn't I just say that? I received no letter, only an official offer by e-mail which included my stipend.

lol, well actually you said, "that is specific to a department, as was my experience" which may be clear to you but not necessarily to the reader (me). Will you also be receiving an admissions package in the mail or is all information noted in the letter?